Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

battlevonwar -> Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (2/24/2014 8:24:22 PM)

Well, I was one of the top 5 players of the original 2 titles. I would like to see if we could reunite some of these players and see if they would add their two cents on ideas and thoughts on the new title. Perhaps it will be nothing like the old games anyways, you know how things change.

1. Terif(all time unstoppable Strategic Commander)
2. Rambo tied with Liam(me) as two best Americans
3. Sombra and ZappSweden distant last and I won't include Dragonheart as he retired early along with some other greats but he was the only man to defeat Terif that I know of aside Avatar who came up with a quick cheat in the original SC1...

If anyone can make a more comprehensive list I would love to hear from you.

Oh, Bill-Hubert and Sea Monkey good to see you guys :P

Hubert Cater -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (2/27/2014 7:48:59 PM)

Nice to see you as well battlevonwar [:)]

KuniworthII -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/9/2014 8:53:47 PM)

wtf? I was the greatest. I think I won against you too.

KuniworthII -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/9/2014 8:55:26 PM)

Zappsweden won once against Terif.

SeaMonkey -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/10/2014 3:29:45 AM)

And so did Jolly guy, one time IIRC. Good to see you back with SC, Liam, you were one of the original competitors, so many have left the stage.

pzgndr -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/10/2014 12:01:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

so many have left the stage.

For SC1, there was only one stage. Now, there are so many versions of SC2 out there that the community is fragmented. Perhaps SC3 will rally the community under one game again, at least for a while?

IainMcNeil -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/10/2014 1:44:33 PM)

Fragmenting the community is definitely an issue if you have multiple expansions. In games like Field of Glory, Battle Academy and Panzer Corps we allow you to accept any challenges even for expansions you don't have, but do not allow you to issue them. This means even though many expansions are out there (12 for Panzer Corps!), you still have all the players in a single pot so all of them still have active MP communities many years after release. It may not work for all games though so this is something we'd need to evaluate with Hubert!

YohanTM -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/11/2014 1:18:40 PM)

I think Irish Dragoons was up there too...

Magpius -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/12/2014 10:07:07 AM)

Is Jersey John still around somewhere?

battlevonwar -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/13/2014 3:48:55 AM)

The competition we had was 2/3rds the wargame to me. The community was kept together and this is the first time I have seen some of these names in awhile. SC1 and SC2 had fresh opponents I think for years after their release? Not including the other packages like Pacific, WW1 and Patton?

There is a very devoted and vast community here at Matrix as well, got into GOA, Commander WW1, GG's: Civil War and ToF. Though it seems the opponent feature is tough. You get a big plague of fresh players who buy the game, play it out, lose their opponents. Not sure how well PG has kept her player base, I usually don't play tactical wargames, though strategic ones tend to get abandoned at around a 1 year mark? Maybe I am not totally right. CEAW seems to have kept some players with their small updating and that's primarily on Slitherine, not on Matrix.

FirePower Johann is still here = ZappSweden ... It's good to see EVERYONE! I look forward to seeing more players. Kuniworth : ) You were a character and I hope to see Jersey John as well.

DesertDave -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/13/2014 6:19:39 PM)

pzgndr was the best SC player I ever encountered. Ruthless, relentless, fearless ferocious, and never boastful, but aways a good friend before and after the games.

Magpius -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/14/2014 11:47:55 AM)

D.D; The SC1 poet is back!

SeaMonkey -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/15/2014 3:26:45 PM)

Alias: Immer Etwas. Perhaps there is yet another gathering SC storm?

lparkh -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/16/2014 1:37:22 PM)

I never played SC1 but played some SC2 starting with Patton. You guys were already legends :). Would be fun to play the famous. I remember reading the fun Rambo AARs and reading in awe of terif.
Current play is centered around the massively scaled Assault on Democracy. I hope if any of you are not on that ladder you will join.

Dragonheart -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/19/2014 3:16:28 PM)

Huh SC 3?? I think i missed something. SC2 was fun to play but SC1 + SC1 community was epic, with epic games, tournaments and epic hate-relations in the forums. [:D]
But hey, your were all fighting only for the 3rd place. [:'(]

Well many years passed and there are so many genres of games and games out ...wanted to be played...unfortunately a day has only 24 hours.

But when SC3 is out i will surely take a look at it.

Greetings from Dragonheart

pzgndr -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (3/21/2014 12:36:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lparkh
Would be fun to play the famous. I remember reading the fun Rambo AARs and reading in awe of terif.

The early SC1 days were pretty intense. The game was fresh, fast and fun. But it had a lot of shortcomings that players could exploit. The evolution of SC2 through WAW, PDE, Global and the latest versions has led to the game being more realistic and historically accurate, to the extent that it can be. This is good in its own way, but less "fun" than that old SC1 game. With gameplay being more serious and the community more fractured now amongst the many versions, the old smackdowns and boasting have died down. And that's a shame in its own way.

For SC3, I think a classic SC1 tournament campaign could be developed that incorporates a lot of the improvements "under the hood" while still allowing for fast and fun gameplay. For example, the SC1 research was pretty unrealistic but sure made for some exciting games. I still favorably recall one particular game where the Axis AI had L5(!) tanks when it launched Barbarossa in 1941 and I was scrambling like the dickens to hold Russia together. So, the "official" SC3 campaigns should be as realistic as possible, but a more fast and fun "classic" campaign should also be provided. Maybe draw Rambo and Terif out of retirement for a few smackdown rematches...

Irish Guards -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (7/20/2014 3:47:28 PM)

Faugh a Ballagh ....[X(]

IG [&o]

JPD49 -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (4/7/2015 1:32:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Is Jersey John still around somewhere?

Ah, Remembered! [:D]

Thank you, Agent S, I am. [:)] -- As all the old members knew, of course, I never claimed to be one of the better SC1 players, I just enjoyed posting and creating scenarios.

And my thanks to you too, battlevonwar. Probably I should have used my old screen name, as at the BF website, but I thought a fresh ID would be best here. Meanwhile I see most of our old friends from SC-1&2 have also changed their ID's at least a little; it will take a while to see who's who.

Also very happy to see some of my old friends using their old Battle Front identities; I'll probably change mine back.

-- There were so many people there that I liked in their own different ways that it would take too much space to write it all out right now, but probably someone will start a thread about the old days and I'll be more than happy to join in. [8D]

n0kn0k -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (4/8/2015 1:03:20 PM)

Hi folks, hoping to see you all again in SC3.

battlevonwar -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (4/17/2015 2:23:56 AM)

Jersey John : ) and so many old faces! Such great times everyone had. The community was legendary!

It brings back some really wonderful memories of endless hours of IP play too. People forget that IP play was something else. SC2 IP play was possible(but boy heh...it took a longggggg time) I wonder if they'll bother with IP play for Strategic Command III. Considering it's vast size I highly doubt it.

I look forward so long as my joints and fingers are still working to play each and everyone of you countless games. Perhaps we have can co-op sides. Perhaps there will be a World Map like HOI does..(that's very unthinkably large)

xwormwood -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (4/18/2015 2:39:11 PM)

Sir Jersey is here, what a nice surprise!
[:)]

JPD49 -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (6/17/2015 8:17:40 PM)

Thank you, battlevonwar and Sir X, great seeing both of you again. [:)]

Haven't been online very often, but hoping to catch up on past posts, and then to get into discussions. A lot of my old history and WWII views have changed considerably over the years.

[&:] Trying to add an avatar, my old Luddendorff with the spiked helmet, but it hasn't been showing.

battlevonwar -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (7/12/2015 5:27:19 PM)

It's strange to move to Matrix Forums, I came over here with Guns of August. The new screenies look good for SC3. I hope we get this title by December. I would really enjoy playing some Holiday Matches against everyone.

waltero -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (12/22/2015 4:36:18 AM)

Well this is a nice surprise. If this don't bring back some memories[8D]
Good to see you guys.

Michael T -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (12/22/2015 8:17:27 PM)

What is there to prevent cheating in this game?

waltero -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (12/22/2015 8:31:14 PM)

I have all winter to play Games[:D]

If anybody wishes to play a game, email me.
I have every computer game known to man.

P.S. what is the difference between "fast reply" and "post reply?"

waltero -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (12/22/2015 8:42:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael T

What is there to prevent cheating in this game?

TCIP, lift the fog of War, play with people you know, allow reloads.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (12/23/2015 8:42:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltero

I have all winter to play Games[:D]

If anybody wishes to play a game, email me.
I have stopped smoking wacky Tabacy and toned down on my unorthodox game play.
I have every computer game known to man.

P.S. what is the difference between "fast reply" and "post reply?"

You have "Rescue at Rigel"? Wow, you are old then. [:'(]

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (12/23/2015 8:43:10 AM)

Post reply you can embed pictures and stuff. Fast reply doesn't have that.

Hanal -> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 (12/25/2015 3:11:59 PM)

wrong post..sorry

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI