offload troops (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

MuguNiner -> offload troops (2/26/2014 6:01:46 PM)

Greetings,

I am wondering how much longer it will take this ship to offload the tanks?
Capacity is 1700/10. Is the /10 the amount of space the troops are filling?
How can I estimate offload time?

Thanks

PS, now that I have posted this, I see I am not docked...

[image]local://upfiles/13543/728ED8F8842445C98E7FFBF8F6605203.jpg[/image]

HansBolter -> RE: offload troops (2/26/2014 9:13:33 PM)

If it's a level 1 port the devices may not unload even after docking. Some devices (radars in particular) are too large to unload at the paltry docks of a level 1.

Some devices that are too large to unload by a transport TF at a level 1 port can be offloaded to a beach by an amphibious TF.

I typically use amphib TFs for all transport to level 1 ports.

MuguNiner -> RE: offload troops (2/27/2014 12:43:35 AM)

Thanks,

The docking worked. It is a level 1 port. The ship unloaded the next turn and left Salamaua.

Sardaukar -> RE: offload troops (2/27/2014 9:42:06 AM)

It would have showed unloading button text in red if there was something wrong. And hovering mouse pointer over would give the reason. Usual culprits are engineering devices & radars (for example) that are difficult/impossible to unload in small ports without special ships/naval support.

Lecivius -> RE: offload troops (2/27/2014 12:54:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

It would have showed unloading button text in red if there was something wrong. And hovering mouse pointer over would give the reason. Usual culprits are engineering devices & radars (for example) that are difficult/impossible to unload in small ports without special ships/naval support.

Every day I learn something new about this game.

bush -> RE: offload troops (2/27/2014 2:49:09 PM)

That's why I load everything in an AMPH TF. The port size/nav support at destination does not preclude the TF from unloading. Bigger ports and more Nav Support does quicken the task.

rms1pa -> RE: offload troops (2/27/2014 11:29:42 PM)

quote:

That's why I load everything in an AMPH TF.

ow. load efficency,disruption cost and the occasional "oops it fell overboard"

transport for troops from port to port, cargo for supplies/fuel port to port. amphib for over the beach.

right size ships for the size port.

rms/pa

margeorg -> RE: offload troops (2/28/2014 9:07:11 AM)

quote:

That's why I load everything in an AMPH TF. The port size/nav support at destination does not preclude the TF from unloading. Bigger ports and more Nav Support does quicken the task.

I just had to learn that even in amphib mode a SC-270 radar may not be unloaded at a dot base ... ATM the first turn with the destination being a lvl 1 port is pending. I sincerely hope that the radar will be unloaded then.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI