Fleet size (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

erieelmer -> Fleet size (3/1/2014 2:54:41 PM)

How do you manage fleet size? Seems like every time mission is suggested the fleet is to small and ends up getting waxed by the enemy.

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: Fleet size (3/1/2014 11:46:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fireball60

How do you manage fleet size? Seems like every time mission is suggested the fleet is to small and ends up getting waxed by the enemy.

There is a setting in options about the ratio of 'Overpower' to suggest a fleet. I think it defaults to 2:1, but you can increase the slider as you wish.
Problem is they select the fleet based solely on te known strength of the 'Base' under attack. The game doesn't predict or plan for any ships that may be at the site.

Icemania -> RE: Fleet size (3/2/2014 5:14:13 AM)

The best way to play, once used to it all, is on Manual. This way you can ensure your fleets always wax the enemy, rather than get waxed themselves.

lanzaro -> RE: Fleet size (3/7/2014 12:14:05 PM)

Start to act more comprehensively. You have to anticipate the consequences of actions, and the basic information you will find the manual or online.

erieelmer -> RE: Fleet size (3/7/2014 2:17:58 PM)

Thanks for the suggestions. I usually control one or two fleets myself and let the other fleets do the suggest missions attacks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI