Day at the Races (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA

vonRocko -> Day at the Races (3/4/2014 2:02:56 PM)

I'm off to a glorious start! My first three races ended with me being dragged behind my horses eating dirt.[sm=00000459.gif]
This is a fun game. The campaign looks great. Thanks guys!

Gerry Edwards -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 2:09:54 PM)

Hi Von,

The first 6 or so races for me resulted the same way ;)

Cheers,
Gerry

Niessuh -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 4:09:31 PM)

Overcome the temptation to go as fast as possible is hard at first [:)]

I'm glad you like it

vonRocko -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 4:38:23 PM)

Yeah I got the hang of it now. The campaign is cool. No bugs, runs smooth, excellent game![:)]

jack54 -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 4:59:47 PM)

yes quite fun ...just had my first 'Dirt Sandwich'.The speed is good; slow enough where you can issue orders without going with the turn based option.

2 Things I'd like to see:

some more immersion added to the Campaign...since you have different drivers, a pop up with a portrait, bio and stats would really add to the game. The same could be added to the leader board.

also the ability to run more than one campaign. Just thinking outloud.

and thanks, again it's fun.
It reminds me of an old Xbox game about running a gladiator school, I think it was called Gladius.

all the Best!

Niessuh -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 5:20:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack54

You can do this, click the campaign name at the main menu and then select "new campaign" [;)]

jack54 -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 5:38:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Turnopia

quote:

You can do this, click the campaign name at the main menu and then select "new campaign" [;)]

Thanks got it![:D]

jack54 -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 6:08:40 PM)

even more fun....I just killed my first Auriga (driver) Chariot broke while in the lead and I told him to hang on....He didn't make it[:(]...

another Auriga is injured...and only one chariot left with some unhappy horses. No money either.

Tamas -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 6:14:58 PM)

quote:

even more fun....I just killed my first Auriga (driver) Chariot broke while in the lead and I told him to hang on....He didn't make it[:(]...

another Auriga is injured...and only one chariot left with some unhappy horses. No money either.

Remember you can sell equipment, if you need money to go on. But indeed your campaign will be over if you run out of funds and sellable equipment!

PunkReaper -> RE: Day at the Races (3/4/2014 9:43:54 PM)

This is a surprisingly addictive game. Really enjoying it. It would make a good ios game.

Niessuh -> RE: Day at the Races (3/5/2014 6:59:56 AM)

Indeed! we are planning something about it [;)]

elmo3 -> RE: Day at the Races (3/6/2014 1:45:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

...My first three races ended with me being dragged behind my horses eating dirt....

Same here. Just trying out the demo and I have yet to make it out of the second turn in three races. Fun so far. Might have to get it.

Tamas -> RE: Day at the Races (3/6/2014 2:00:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

...My first three races ended with me being dragged behind my horses eating dirt....

Same here. Just trying out the demo and I have yet to make it out of the second turn in three races. Fun so far. Might have to get it.

Once you get a bit of an idea on how to balance speed with the lane you are taking the curve in, perhaps a common mistake is trying to accelerate or do "fancy stuff" while not out of the curve. Maintaining the control order is by far the safest bet, although if your speed is not too fast (your indicator is not worse than light green), you should be ok to try some whipping or crashing into opponents. But only accelerate while in a curve if you really, really have to.

elmo3 -> RE: Day at the Races (3/6/2014 2:16:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tamas

... perhaps a common mistake is trying to accelerate or do "fancy stuff" while not out of the curve....

Yeah, in my last race it looked like I was out of the curve but after choosing to accelerate I immediately crashed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI