Updating Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

98ZJUSMC -> Updating Question (3/13/2014 6:22:02 PM)

I have a modified scenario I am working with that I would really, really not like to lose. I would like to upgrade to the most current version. My version is 1.0.6.1008r9, probably way out of date. My questions are:

1. What files do I need to move out to save. It would appear that I have 11 .dat files that reference that scenario in the SCEN folder. Are those all of them, or are there also some somewhere else? and...

2. Will a modified scenario from an earlier version still work after updating?

3. Is there a consolidated thread that will take me through the updating process? IOW, do I have to do the updates sequentially and not miss any?

Thanks!!

Chris21wen -> RE: Updating Question (3/13/2014 9:19:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 98ZJUSMC

I have a modified scenario I am working with that I would really, really not like to lose. I would like to upgrade to the most current version. My version is 1.0.6.1008r9, probably way out of date. My questions are:

1. What files do I need to move out to save. It would appear that I have 11 .dat files that reference that scenario in the SCEN folder. Are those all of them, or are there also some somewhere else? and...

2. Will a modified scenario from an earlier version still work after updating?

3. Is there a consolidated thread that will take me through the updating process? IOW, do I have to do the updates sequentially and not miss any?

Thanks!!

You don't. Creating a scenario does not affect the game files. If you download a patch and the patch has change scenario data then it will overwrite the existing ones. This should not affect your scenario if you used an empty scenario slot. The latest beta patch is 1.7.11.23x3.

98ZJUSMC -> RE: Updating Question (3/22/2014 2:31:17 AM)

Thanks Chris

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI