Mines - can I have more sir??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

bartrat -> Mines - can I have more sir??? (3/14/2014 6:00:45 PM)

Newbie player (since 12/26/2013) of the game. Playing Japan in scen. 2.
I want to use more mines defensively but I am very short on many or them (or out). Any way to increase mine production once a game is started?
(my guess is no, hard coded with scen.)

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Mines - can I have more sir??? (3/14/2014 6:39:00 PM)

maybe if you manipulate your scenario via editor

The current mine production is very well balanced, you have enough to work both offensively and defensively, but not enough as to make the game "Mines in the Pacific"

Feltan -> RE: Mines - can I have more sir??? (3/15/2014 3:02:31 AM)

bartrat,

You'll find mine warfare one of the few poorly modeled aspects of WITP-AE.

Historically, the Japanese had millions of them -- sea from Taiwan to Japan is shallow -- and was heavily mined.

Many US subs fell victim to mines.

However, in stock WITP mine warfare was also poorly modeled and the fix in WITP-AE was to nerf them to the point of near irrelevance.

The current implementation solves the uber-mine problem of WITP, but doesn't address the historical significance or use of them.

Regards,
Feltan

Yaab -> RE: Mines - can I have more sir??? (3/15/2014 6:10:57 AM)

Mines are OK, it is just AM and AMc ships are too effective in minesweeping operations. A single AM sweeping seven mines during night phase and another seven mines during day will sweep a small minefield in two days.

jmalter -> RE: Mines - can I have more sir??? (3/15/2014 7:55:28 AM)

If the mined port is protected by CD guns or an MTB TF, it will likely pay a heavy price.

Numdydar -> RE: Mines - can I have more sir??? (3/15/2014 3:46:18 PM)

I agree AE handles mines a LOT better than the original game. The original felt more like a game of Minesweeper that had LCUs and planes versus what we have now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI