Khaki in Flames mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Mods and Scenarios

AxelNL -> Khaki in Flames mod (3/15/2014 9:11:53 PM)

In the thread "Graphics help" there as been steady development of the Khaki in Flames mod since end of January 2014. It first looked as if this mod would only have limited success but many folks helped in the months after to bring it to the state it is now.
For those readers expecting a 100% copy of the cardboard version.......it is not. Public preference made the background colour less pink and more "sandy". Also some colours of the CW nations needed change, both for better contrast but also to cater for some of the colour blind participating in this thread. The normal divs interior colouring was changed from light blue to the cardboard KiF background colour to have a nicer colour mix in those counters, but also to show the original background colour.
Lastly the only thing which was changed in this mod was the colouring of the counters, nothing else which was included in the cardboard version was taken into this modification of MWiF.

The contributors of this mod are:
Ichirou989 - for re-igniting a discussion which only showed examples until than. He did research and did part of the mod together with Warhunter.
Dabrion - for pointing out the master files, research and feedback on colour blind viewing
Warhunter - for the mainstream steady modding, showing results, taking in feedback and following through in a general way.
and contributions from several others including Centuur (colour-blind testing), Paulderynk, Warspite1, Orm and several others for general feedback. I myself did a bit of mucking about to provide some entertainment.

The only thing which is currently open is the colour of the "skin" of the forms in the game. They will still show the blue for CW and the yellow-brown for the USSR. The latter might confuse the viewer, which is why the search to change that is still going on. However, because of popular demand the decision was taken to provide this mod as it stands now. (sounds familiar?)

Have fun with it!

Edit: Steve has given us feedback that the "skin" of the forms can only be changed by him. This means this mod is now finished.

AxelNL -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/15/2014 9:18:29 PM)

but first.....

in the thread "Graphics help" I promised something in post 22:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL
Warhunter - I am expecting yet another mod which will blow us off our feet. You will receive a medal for this one from the beta community, I will personnally follow that through.

and I want to keep that promise.

I needed some help of course - and got the right type of award from one of our esteemed nestors Paulderynk. Than I called in the help of Master Medalsmith Shellshock (who also should get an award for his graphics in other threads).

AxelNL -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/15/2014 9:21:48 PM)

For the work of Ichirou989 and Warhunter on the MWIF Khaki in Flame mod they both receive gratitude from the beta team by being offered the following:

[image]local://upfiles/39731/4650CEE9E44D4BD8910160672FD3AF60.jpg[/image]

AxelNL -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/15/2014 9:23:23 PM)

which also comes with a ribbon which is offered to be proudly worn on their uniforms....ehh...signature fields:

[image]local://upfiles/39731/2232BC8A855C48E5910558DFAF45495B.jpg[/image]

AxelNL -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/15/2014 9:25:02 PM)

Cheers!

[image]local://upfiles/39731/5F7702205AB34763B7567F748A4B459A.jpg[/image]

AxelNL -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/15/2014 9:26:04 PM)

Files will come in another thread so that folks don't have to wade through this ceremonial part of the launch.....[8D]

Ichirou989 -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/15/2014 11:55:17 PM)

Brilliant, AxeINL! I am honored to receive this award and to join so august a company.

I am even more honored to sit with you all and partake of this fine Westmalle Tripel! [sm=00000436.gif]

WarHunter -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/16/2014 4:36:00 AM)

Pretty damn nice of you guys to take the time to do this.

Hope to see you all in a game of MWiF using the Khaki Commonwealth counters in the near future.

Special thanks to Shellshock for gracing us with his artist ability in making such a fine medal.

[sm=sign0031.gif]

Orm -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/16/2014 7:41:30 AM)

Cheers!

Thank you for the oustanding work in bringing the Khaki in Flames mod to MWIF. [&o]

[image]local://upfiles/29130/FAF8B18AAEB847B289F7F8808B09A626.jpg[/image]

Orm -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/16/2014 7:43:02 AM)

quote:

For the work of Ichirou989 and Warhunter on the MWIF Khaki in Flame mod they both receive gratitude from the beta team by being offered the following:

Really nice medal [:)][&o]

And a well deserved medal. [&o]

Magpius -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/16/2014 11:05:07 AM)

Oops
Wrong thread [8|]

Centuur -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/16/2014 11:12:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Really nice medal [:)][&o]

And a well deserved medal. [&o]

+1

Cataphract88 -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/16/2014 11:50:00 PM)

Thanks very much to all those involved in this most impressive project. You even thought to include the earlier alternative bitmaps for pilots and factories. Wow!

[&o][&o][&o]

Bo Rearguard -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/17/2014 3:04:40 PM)

Congrats to Warhunter, Ichirou989, Dabrion, Centuur, AxelNL, Paulderynk, Warspite1, Orm for a job well done.

Salute! [:)]

Centuur -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/17/2014 5:22:38 PM)

I didn't do anything. Just gave my opinion and gave them extra work... [:D]

warspite1 -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/22/2014 2:56:11 PM)

So what exactly do I need to do to get KiF in my next game please? A step-by-step idiots guide would be useful [:)]

WarHunter -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/22/2014 4:19:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

So what exactly do I need to do to get KiF in my next game please? A step-by-step idiots guide would be useful [:)]

Do you need help with the installing process?

warspite1 -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/22/2014 4:31:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Do you need help with the installing process?
warspite1

Yes - but Axel has kindly sent me an idiots guide so hopefully even I won't muck it up!

WarHunter -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/22/2014 4:48:50 PM)

Glad to see you are getting Axel's personal tutorial. Probably has a more rum,[sm=party-smiley-012.gif] less lash [sm=fighting0056.gif] and easier to follow directions [sm=terms.gif] than i am use to giving. [:'(]

AxelNL -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/22/2014 5:15:53 PM)

quote:

Glad to see you are getting Axel's personal tutorial. Probably has a more rum,[sm=party-smiley-012.gif] less lash [sm=fighting0056.gif] and easier to follow directions [sm=terms.gif] than i am use to giving. [:'(]

Well - I think I am more prone to errors in giving directions than you - which is why I didn't post it publicly, now only Warspite will have his PC blown up [sm=00000959.gif][sm=comp16.gif]

Centuur -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (3/22/2014 6:14:44 PM)

quote:

quote:

Well - I think I am more prone to errors in giving directions than you - which is why I didn't post it publicly, now only Warspite will have his PC blown up [sm=00000959.gif][sm=comp16.gif]

[:D][:D]

Jobylens -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (4/24/2014 12:09:09 PM)

For us other computer dummies out there could someone please post how to install this mod ? TA ;)

WarHunter -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (4/24/2014 4:10:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jobylens

For us other computer dummies out there could someone please post how to install this mod ? TA ;)

Jobylens, Good Day
The following instructions will get the mod installed with little fuss.

The process is a hands on copy and paste operation. Finding the folders and going back and forth is all that is needed for success.

Open the Khaki in flames zip file somewhere you are comfortable with on your PC. You will find 3 folders inside the main folder.

Open them up and familiarize yourself with what is inside 2 of the folders.

Map Data : 2 files, Standard Map CMa.CSV & Standard Map CMi.CSV
Unit Bitmaps : 32 files that will all be copied and pasted.

Modded unit bitmaps : Ignore this one. Only for Players who already modded the game.

Hot Tip, DO NOT copy the folder, Copy the files. Now the operation.

1. Open up Map data and COPY the 2 files at the same time.
2. Find C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Data\Map Data (This is the default install location)
3. PASTE the 2 files into Map Data folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite them. Yes.

Folder Map Data Complete

4. Open Unit bitmaps folder and COPY all 32 files at the same time.
5. Find C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Bitmaps\Unit Bitmaps
6. PASTE all 32 files into the Unit Bitmaps Folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite them. Yes.

Folder Unit Bitmaps Complete

Done.
This will get your game looking khaki instead of blue.
Let me know if these instructions were helpful. If you need more help, PM me.

Jobylens -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (4/24/2014 4:28:20 PM)

Brilliant instructions WarHunter thank u very much i will give it a go shortly [&o]

WarHunter -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (4/24/2014 4:33:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jobylens

Brilliant instructions WarHunter thank u very much i will give it a go shortly [&o]

Glad to be of help.

Jobylens -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (4/24/2014 4:56:54 PM)

SUCCESS!! Thanks WarHunter you're a star [:)]

Centuur -> RE: Khaki in Flames mod (4/24/2014 5:07:18 PM)

That's why he got a medal...[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI