What I have done (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War

Numdydar -> What I have done (3/16/2014 1:19:52 AM)

As others have noted, the game is pretty much un-winable as the CP on Balanced or higher against the AI. This is due to the AI moving all the small garrisions arond like shock troops [:@] that were added in the last patch.

So what I did was to edit the Units LUA so that all of these have 0 movement. In other words made them static. What a difference that has made.

The downside (of course there is always a downside to an easy fix [:(]) is that you cannot disband them and they will block you from putting better troops in a city until they die. But to me the game works much better so it is a small price to pay to actually not lose by 1915 [:)]

Lecivius -> RE: What I have done (3/16/2014 4:50:14 PM)

How do you edit this? I found this game impossible as a newb against the AI. The ability to attack, move & repair in the same turn was just a bit to much. It would be nice to put some sort of limiter on this.

Fred Sanford -> RE: What I have done (3/16/2014 5:52:34 PM)

It's not unwinnable as CP. Did it my second try on balanced.

Numdydar -> RE: What I have done (3/16/2014 8:02:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

How do you edit this? I found this game impossible as a newb against the AI. The ability to attack, move & repair in the same turn was just a bit to much. It would be nice to put some sort of limiter on this.

Find the Units.LUA file under Data/Scripts and open with Notepad. Near the bottom you will find the stats for Smallgarrision. Just change the value for MP from 1 to 0 and they can no longer move [:)]. This only takes effect in a new game btw.

Numdydar -> RE: What I have done (3/16/2014 8:03:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fred Sanford

Using the latest patch? As that has made a massive difference.

kirk23 -> RE: What I have done (3/16/2014 9:46:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Find the Units.LUA file under Data/Scripts and open with Notepad. Near the bottom you will find the stats for Smallgarrision. Just change the value for MP from 1 to 0 and they can no longer move [:)]. This only takes effect in a new game btw.

Hi you can check out the original design for the new small garrison here.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3414201&mpage=1&key=

The problem is not with the small garrison,its how the AI now uses them,they were never intended to be anything, but City defenders.

Fred Sanford -> RE: What I have done (3/16/2014 10:00:55 PM)

yes 1.4.2
quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fred Sanford

Using the latest patch? As that has made a massive difference.

Tomokatu -> RE: What I have done (3/17/2014 12:16:54 AM)

kirk23 advised
quote:

The problem is not with the small garrison,its how the AI now uses them,they were never intended to be anything, but City defenders.

Should I assume that the same change is to be made to unit ID=23 "arabsmallgarrison"? (I did, anyway but I have a saved original copy, of course)
[sm=00000436.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI