LOS oddity (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

HobbesACW -> LOS oddity (3/16/2014 1:27:45 PM)

Is this a bug? You can trace a clear line of sight through the middle of two forest hexes?
This can't be right?

Cheers,
Chris

[image]local://upfiles/11063/C31FE08244E64905B60246995B4EE276.jpg[/image]

HobbesACW -> RE: LOS oddity (3/16/2014 1:39:22 PM)

Well maybe it's OK. At least the graphics show somewhat broken trees. A bit of a fudge I imagine but once you are aware of this it's OK - I was just a bit annoyed about getting wounded in a hex I didn't expect to be visible :)

Cheers,
Chris

Bennett -> RE: LOS oddity (3/16/2014 3:11:01 PM)

That one caught me as well.  Taught me to look carefully.  Excellent game.

Gerry4321 -> RE: LOS oddity (3/16/2014 4:35:20 PM)

Is the LOS considered clear because it is not touching any of the forest depiction? Or just if it runs directly along the hexside and there is no forest graphic on the hexside?

Gerry

Sanrepy -> RE: LOS oddity (3/16/2014 6:00:45 PM)

The LOS is considered clear because it odes not touch any tree depiction

jonj01 -> RE: LOS oddity (3/17/2014 5:22:06 AM)

That looks like a clear LOS to me. Some of the buildings have little holes in them, but when you look closely...the graphics show the holes. The polygon placement by Tom or Mark on the maps is excellent and very precise.

When in doubt use the LOS tool.

HobbesACW -> RE: LOS oddity (3/23/2014 9:42:45 PM)

I understand the LOS is clear - that's not the point I'm trying to make. It just seems like a fudge as I imagine it's difficult to code.
If you have a unit behind two adjacent forest hexes it can still be seen if an enemy unit happens to be exactly on a hex spine. Doesn't make
any sense. This keeps catching me out - is it the same in the boardgame?

Cheers,
Chris
P.S. can anyone tell me how to add an image to a reply post? It seems easy enough to add one when you start a post but I see no way of doing this for a reply?

rickier65 -> RE: LOS oddity (3/23/2014 10:23:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hobbes

I understand the LOS is clear - that's not the point I'm trying to make. It just seems like a fudge as I imagine it's difficult to code.
If you have a unit behind two adjacent forest hexes it can still be seen if an enemy unit happens to be exactly on a hex spine. Doesn't make

Cheers,
Chris
P.S. can anyone tell me how to add an image to a reply post? It seems easy enough to add one when you start a post but I see no way of doing this for a reply?

If you use POST Reply, rather than FAST Reply the 'click here to upload' button is just below the entry box.

and I actually prefer the way the LOS's are done in this game using the actual touching of obstacles to block LOS rather than having the entire hex blocking.

Thanks
Rick

Barthheart -> RE: LOS oddity (3/23/2014 11:20:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hobbes

Cheers,
Chris

Yes it's the same in the board game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI