Best scenario/campaign to get started with? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Objekt730 -> Best scenario/campaign to get started with? (3/21/2014 4:08:03 AM)

Finished all the bootcamps and ready for the main event. Needless to say, the sheer number of choices across West Front/East Front/Rising Sun is a bit daunting. Somewhat randomly, I chose RS: Operation Shoestring to start with. I'm totally enjoying it, but it occurred to me that this forum may be a good place to ask the vets for some recommendations as to the best scenario or campaign to get started with (for a relatively competent beginner).

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

berto -> RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? (3/21/2014 5:02:28 AM)

If you are beginning a campaign, be mindful of the campaign crash bug with a temporary, kludgey workaround described here.

This bug will be fixed in the 2.01 Update, due out shortly.

lparkh -> RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? (3/21/2014 2:19:47 PM)

Be sure to play the human designed campaigns first IMHO ("linked campaigns"). They are almost all fun, but i particularly enjoyed the desert ones... I think i recall one about a German scoutibg group. Lower unit density i think so a good way to get started.
If you want to play scenarios pay attention to designer, if memory serves there was a Doug (Doug Bevard?) who was quite good. Pick smaller to start. you picks ones slowly moving through history (say 1 per a season or year) to get an interesting feel for how things developed. Great game.

rpwood -> RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? (3/21/2014 10:00:20 PM)

I really enjoy RS "Reaping the Whirlwind". Played it many times to try different strategies. Wish RS had a lot more LCGs.

TheGrayMouser -> RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? (3/21/2014 10:40:51 PM)

Kampfruppe Pieper from WF, lots if big toys for your core force, managably sized scenarios thruout

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: Best scenario/campaign to get started with? (3/22/2014 6:38:22 AM)

for WF, the 10th Panzer in Tunisia LCG is a good one to start with...not too difficult at all.

KG Peiper is another good one, I think the first one I ever completed probably some 15 years ago...although the OOB for both sides sure could use an overhaul!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI