changing city names (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Mods and Scenarios

Ariennye -> changing city names (3/22/2014 1:05:07 PM)

Hello,

maybe this was posted elsewhere but I dind't find any hints.

I would like to change the names of somy cities. Like the city of Munich which I would like to rename to München (Muenchen) which is her original name. The same to Vienna which is called Wien.
I looked for the file "Standard Map NAM.CSV" in the folder "Data\Map Data\". There at line 585 was the city of Munich. Vienna was at line 584.
I used Notepad++ and editied the Names of the cities. And restarted the game.

But the I got an Errormessage: "Cannot find city "Munich".

Now I would like to know if there has to be modified another file. Maybe the Scenario-file.

Thanks,

Ariennye

AxelNL -> RE: changing city names (3/22/2014 1:26:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ariennye

Hello,

maybe this was posted elsewhere but I dind't find any hints.

I would like to change the names of somy cities. Like the city of Munich which I would like to rename to München (Muenchen) which is her original name. The same to Vienna which is called Wien.
I looked for the file "Standard Map NAM.CSV" in the folder "Data\Map Data\". There at line 585 was the city of Munich. Vienna was at line 584.
I used Notepad++ and editied the Names of the cities. And restarted the game.

But the I got an Errormessage: "Cannot find city "Munich".

Now I would like to know if there has to be modified another file. Maybe the Scenario-file.

Thanks,

Ariennye

Hi, there is a piece of text about this in player manual Vol. 2 - paragraph 11.2.1.5 starting on page 195
Bottom line: Objective cities are hardcoded, which means that your expressed wish will not come true. You could try Köln.

Ariennye -> RE: changing city names (3/22/2014 3:47:10 PM)

Aww... I see.
Well, that's too bad. But I think, I can live with that. [:)]

Thank you for your quick answer!

paulderynck -> RE: changing city names (3/22/2014 6:25:13 PM)

Also be careful of fonts with characters that have accent marks on them. We've had a number of problems with non-English environments - mostly with double-byte characters, but some with other languages too.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI