NEW TACTICAL GUIDE AT TANKHEAD'S SITE!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tankhead -> NEW TACTICAL GUIDE AT TANKHEAD'S SITE!! (3/13/2001 1:24:00 PM)

Hello Everyone! I have a tactical guide from Larry Holt for download. Larry did a very good job on this document well worth it. Thanks Larry :D You can find it on the main page. This guide was written with tactical games such as SPWaW in mind. While the game is referenced often in this guide it is not solely focused on SPWaW. Rather this is a generic tactics guide that will prove (I hope) useful to gamers of all experience levels for many games. I hope that beginning gamers will find information that causes them to wonder how their playing can be improved by including some of the ideas here. I also hope that advanced gamers will recognize some of the things that they have been doing and understand why and how their instinctive tactics fit into an overall tactical doctrine. This is my first public release. I recognize that there may be typographic errors, that it needs graphics and visual examples and some sections have not yet been written. Despite these shortcomings, I hope that you will find this useful and be accurate but kind to me in pointing out its many faults. I developed this guide from written sources, my education in the US Army, gamer's comments made on the WWW and my gaming experience. I do not have any more insight into the inner workings of SPWAW or its code than anyone else does. Comments are welcome. I regularly review Matrix Game's SPWaW forum at Matrixgames or you can email me at lholt@atl.sita.int. If you email me, please start the subject line with GUIDE? So that my mail filter will find it. Thank you and thank you Matrix games! An extra thank you to Bill “Wild Bill” Wilder who bought me lunch and encouraged me to write this. Enjoy! Tankhead

RockinHarry -> (3/14/2001 3:00:00 AM)

Got it! ____________ RockinHarry

Panzer Capta -> (3/14/2001 5:44:00 AM)

Really great document Rick, special thanks to Larry for preparing it, and thanks to you for posting it. Panzer Captain

Tankhead -> (3/15/2001 1:40:00 AM)

Hi Panzer! Yes Larry did a great job on this tactical guide :D Many thanks to Larry for sharing, my pleasure to have posted it for download for all to enjoy. Thanks

1stSgt USMC -> (3/15/2001 2:31:00 AM)

How about we call it TM-SP-1-1?

RUsco -> (3/15/2001 10:49:00 AM)

Thanks Larry, I have read through most and I am impressed. Realy great job. Look forward to more. :D :D :D :D

Larry Holt -> (3/15/2001 7:45:00 PM)

Thank you for the kind comments. I am working on adding images which I think will make it clearer. 1STSGT USMC, I think that you had offered to write a section on amphib ops. If I have that right, would you still be interested? If so, email me. If anyone would like to contribute to the secion on paratroops & guerrillas (strengths, weaknesses, doctrinal use, best uses in the game, technique for use; plotting entry hexes, etc.) let me know. [img]null[/img]

RockinHarry -> (3/15/2001 11:26:00 PM)

...had some more time reviewing it and just can say: A MUST HAVE! :) Good work and keep goin´ Larry!? ____________ RockinHarry

Tankhead -> (3/16/2001 1:32:00 AM)

I agree a must have and Larry great job :D Thanks a bunch Tankhead

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI