[ADDED B521] Weapons data and the database (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Pergite! -> [ADDED B521] Weapons data and the database (4/17/2014 3:51:56 PM)

Hi I have a small suggestion.

When looking at fore example SAM-system in the database viewer I have to manually look up the different missiles in the weapons category to get their envelope. Currently the data listed in the weapons category for the system is speed, range and warhead. To get an understanding of the all so vital maximum altitude I have to look up the missile separately. With systems with multiple ordnance this could get a bit frustrating since the database search function isn't exactly top notch.

Suggestions:
a. Increase the data field in the weapon system with the complete weapon envelope (maybe not a great idea since its a bit crowded as it is)
b. Hotlink weapons listed in the system, to the actual database entry for the weapon for easy access.

Anyway, Baloogans database viewer has all this covered so the data is easily searchable, but sadly not within the game. Currently a browser with that is running on a separate monitor [8D]

dandin384 -> RE: Weapons data an the database (4/17/2014 5:19:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pergite!

b. Hotlink weapons listen in the system, to the actual database entry for the weapon for easy access.

I'm not sure if this is available in build 507(If not it should be included in the next public build), but each unit now has a "Unit Weapons" tab with each weapon linked to the database.

[image]local://upfiles/46727/4994DCFD3CED44C4B566A672F194000B.jpg[/image]

dillonkbase -> RE: Weapons data an the database (4/18/2014 12:39:17 AM)

oooooooooooh... I feel spoiled.[8D][8D][:D][:D]

Pergite! -> RE: Weapons data an the database (4/18/2014 4:46:59 AM)

If I would have known that it was this easy to implement new features, then I would have wished for something bigger [:)][;)]

Looks great!

mikkey -> RE: Weapons data an the database (4/18/2014 12:25:06 PM)

[:D][:D]

Dimitris -> RE: Weapons data an the database (4/18/2014 3:22:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pergite!
If I would have known that it was this easy to implement new features, then I would have wished for something bigger [:)][;)]

Looks great!

Usually it's not.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI