So what can't be modded? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios

NZgunner -> So what can't be modded? (4/17/2014 11:34:44 PM)

it really seems like almost anything is possible and seeing the game expand beyond WW2 really reinforces this

I own Band of Heroes and Not One Step Back, is there anything, particularly in the rules or AI engines, that would prevent someone with the time porting the scenarios from these into HoS?

usgrandprix -> RE: So what can't be modded? (4/18/2014 12:24:51 AM)

You can do pretty much anything WWII. There are not really any mechanics for gliders and the air support is a little off for machine guns. Units with two types of ord attacks (rare) cannot be done. It's a little hard for me to design scenarios where you are the defender. But there's really a lot of options. I'm working on a Bloody Gulch scenario now.

jonj01 -> RE: So what can't be modded? (4/18/2014 1:16:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: usgrandprix

It's a little hard for me to design scenarios where you are the defender. But there's really a lot of options. I'm working on a Bloody Gulch scenario now.

I agree really really hard to get the AI to attack right. You know you can cheat...simply stack a crap load of AI units to do the attacking...it works pretty well. Also using Move groups with patrol groups on a single unit and have the move hex and patrol hexes lead to the victory hexes..works ..sort of.
Tanks attacking are a real pain...they keep taking shots that they have to roll snake eyes or better(impossible) to hit..they just sit there and fire doing nothing.

One trick I did, was shorten the AI tanks fire range to 3-4 hexes..this way they have to get up on the human forces (you gotta do this for MG too..or again the AI tanks will just sit and fire)

Of course use "Bezerk" for AI stance always..yes they get killed but at least they attack.

USgrandprix..I am all ears if you have any tricks for me...I like really agressive AI attacks...so if you have any tricks just let me know.

Have you figured a way to make the AI tanks overrun the human infantry?

Werewolf13 -> RE: So what can't be modded? (5/13/2014 3:48:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonj01

quote:

ORIGINAL: usgrandprix

It's a little hard for me to design scenarios where you are the defender. But there's really a lot of options. I'm working on a Bloody Gulch scenario now.

I agree really really hard to get the AI to attack right...

Well - that did it.

I just fell off the fence. It seems LnLoad the computer version is still not ready for prime time.

Will check back in in about 6 months or so.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI