Add Any Aircraft to Carriers and Groups (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

VFA41_Lion -> Add Any Aircraft to Carriers and Groups (4/19/2014 4:08:21 PM)

Build 507

So I just encountered an interesting one. By pure accident during scenario creation, I noticed some of my Super Hornets not taking off, so I investigated. Five of them were stuck on the helicopter pads of the frigates and destroyers in the carrier group. Ok, obviously not getting off. It'd been a long time since I'd created that scenario so I started a new blank one and added a carrier group from the import/export file. Switched to group view, select group, edit AC, add 100 F/A-18Es and sure enough, after filling the carrier, some of them were parked on the destroyers.

But that's not all! I thought if you could add F/A-18s to destroyers, would the group take anything? So I deleted the lot of Hornets and added B-52s to the carrier. Sure enough, they were on the carrier! :O Although they couldn't launch.

One more test before posting this, I switched to unit view and tried adding to just the carrier, and, yep, still could add B-52s. Even managed to add it to a frigate.

ComDev -> RE: Add Any Aircraft to Carriers and Groups (4/19/2014 7:20:15 PM)

[image]http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/119926.jpg[/image]

Hm...? Yes?

(And before anyone screams, yes its Photoshopped hehe)

DWReese -> RE: Add Any Aircraft to Carriers and Groups (4/19/2014 8:07:24 PM)

If you can see it in a picture, then it must be true, right?

Wait until the enemies of the USA see this photo.....China and Russia are probably already building some "Super-Duper" carriers to handle their huge bombers so they can match up. <VBG>

Doug

Dimitris -> RE: Add Any Aircraft to Carriers and Groups (8/16/2014 11:26:08 AM)

Hello,

Is this currently (v1.04) an issue? Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI