Harbor in CMANO? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

LeFrog73 -> Harbor in CMANO? (4/29/2014 5:52:42 PM)

Hello Folks,

can someone tell me how to create a harbor with the possibility to dock ships?

I have created a small group of boats that should have a base (assigned base) to move back and refuel if needed. I donīt want a surface vessel with docking capabilities.

I tried everything and checked the manual too but without success!

[&:]

I donīt know if it is possible with CMANO but I think it ought to be feasible as with the game Harpoon or am I wrong?

Regards,
Marco

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english but school is over since a lot of years! [;)]

thewood1 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/29/2014 6:40:28 PM)

I don't remember docking ships in H3. Maybe in its last iterations you could, but not the 10 years I played it.

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/29/2014 6:56:34 PM)

Harpoon 97

thewood1 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/29/2014 11:39:43 PM)

Did it make it into Commander's Edition. I played it somewhat, but not much.

Randomizer -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 12:17:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeFrog

Harpoon 97

Well, I checked my copy of Harpoon-97 and if this docking feature exists, I cannot get it to work.

-C

mikmykWS -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 12:32:24 AM)

I think you could add a ship to a ports formation in HC97 although I think most used it for the "SAM Barge".

Command will eventually get this but its not high in the stack at the moment.

NickD -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 9:49:13 AM)

I also don't remember Harpoon 97 having a docking feature, and I played it to death (I do remember the SAM barges)

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 10:41:14 AM)

Hello Folks,

thanks for the fast reply. I have made some pictures to show what I mean. I think a game like CMANO should beginn with a basic facility like a harbor or an installation to dock ships.

Picture 1:
I selected a surface-group of 6 ships in the near of the port

Picture 2:
The port at the beginning without ships

Picture 3:
I pressed CTRL+7 for joining the surface-group with the selected port & airfield ACb

Picture 4:
I choose all ships of the surface-group, including all aircrafts of the group to join the selected port

Picture5:
The port has now 6 docked ships (ex-sufrace-group) and aircrafts

For me the problem with CMANO is, that I can not assign a land-based harbor to a small group of ships. With a ship that has docking capabilities is it no problem but ... I am missing a land-structur (facility) that has the same capabilities, too. You have got a lot of piers and cranes in CMANO but no docking capabilities or a harbor.
If we had these missing structures/buildings, the player could attack specific the harbor, as example with Tomahawks you could knock out the harbor structure but not the whole city. I would wish me for the future that CMANO gets an extra facility with a docking function, like a single airfield for planes!

Today, it is not the problem for CMANO to knock out an airfield and destroy their air units that are based on it, but the game title say Naval Command, and Naval beginns with a harbor. That is my opinion.

Basically, a port or an airfield is somehow the same or similar or not?

Thats it, I hope you understand what I mean?

[;)]

Regards,
Marco

P.S.: I am playing Harpoon since the first hour.

[image]local://upfiles/48422/2D0227D9D324418C8D2B9B7DCCFB5820.jpg[/image]

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 10:42:29 AM)

No ships in harbor

[image]local://upfiles/48422/64CD72C952EC42DE8395C11D4CEDE077.jpg[/image]

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 10:44:19 AM)

Select surface-group with port

[image]local://upfiles/48422/68E07B6E0E9D4000A14C9CC51D205ACC.jpg[/image]

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 10:45:11 AM)

Select vessels for joining port

[image]local://upfiles/48422/A05F33AE944544DA9B190CFD515F5DFA.jpg[/image]

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 10:45:37 AM)

port with ships

[image]local://upfiles/48422/E54A2E86A7F24E6AAAD53B1E4CCACE20.jpg[/image]

thewood1 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 1:34:07 PM)

Actually the name is Command Air/Naval Operations. Not Command Naval.

Randomizer -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 1:49:15 PM)

OK, I admit to being mistaken about docking in Harpoon-97. However the fact that I too played this for years and never used the feature (or even knew it existed) tends to support Mikmyk's observation that docking is not a priority for CMANO.

-C

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 3:26:07 PM)

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

do not get me wrong, my post is not intended as pure criticism. CMANO is a very good strategic game and I am glad that I bought it and it is worth every paid Dollar. My posting is only an improvement proposal for CMANO. Until now, I used the game a lot of days and I hope the development/support will move on. I am especially very excited how quickly the builds/updates are available, absolutely fantastic and exemplary. I have a lot of experience with the complete Harpoon series and I would say that is time for some more/other changes in comparative to Harpoon III. I know until now they made a lot of changes, so why not trying to create a habor-facility with docking capabilities, not necessarily needed now but later?

I think this is quite important, too.

[8D]

@thewood1
quote:

Actually the name is Command Air/Naval Operations. Not Command Naval.

Congratulation, a very constructive contribution but this not an answer to my topic!
[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Best wishes from Germany and thanks for this exciting topic,
Marco

[sm=character0267.gif]

Dimitris -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 4:13:52 PM)

Thank you for the kind words. We hear you, and it's on our list.

thewood1 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 4:38:55 PM)

My answer was just a clarification. Should I not have corrected it?

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (4/30/2014 4:48:42 PM)

It is ok and everything is fine!
[sm=00000436.gif]

Therefore, I write normaly CMANO, it is shorter and faster to write.
[8D]

Regards,
Marco

navwarcol -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (5/1/2014 6:11:54 AM)

I am at a bit of a standstill with the scenario I began when I first grabbed CMANO, as well. My issue is that the pirate vessels run out of fuel too quickly, and I cannot seem to get any way for them to refuel and or re-arm, including as this thread mentions, harbor facilities, or a "pirate mother ship" capable of docking them inside its well, etc. I think I may just be missing something however, but it is an important piece, I am guessing in scenarios especially involving pirates, minor navies without UNREP vessels, and small combatants with only sufficient fuel for a few hours, if the designer wishes the scenario to be longer.

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (5/1/2014 6:31:38 AM)

Hello NAVWARCOL,

with your statement you hit the nail on the head. I have got the same problem. I currently try to attempt an Anti-Pirate-Mission and I can not use, as example, RHIBs or small boats to engage fast surface vessels because they run out of fuel very fast. Like you say before, in the real life Pirates often using "Pirate Mother Ships" as a base and to extend the piracy area. The web is full of infos about that but right now things like these are not possible in CMANO because we have nothing with the needed capabilities, neither on land nor at sea.

I am glad that I am not the only one that misses things like these, thank you!

[sm=sign0031.gif]
[sm=happy0065.gif]

Best wishes from the East Coast of the Baltic Sea,
Marco

navwarcol -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (5/1/2014 6:46:50 AM)

Hello Marco.

The reason that I mentioned I was perhaps just missing something was that I am 99% certain that Ragnar (Emsoy on here) had said that he added that mother ship, but I just have not been able to find it, and have not been able to get any of the possible ones to work in the refueling (especially) and re-arming issue with the pirate vessels.
So, I am thinking that the ability is there, but just that somewhere along the line, I missed an important part (as in,....where? lol)

PS my family is originally from the Greifswald area, beautiful Baltic. I am in the region for work right now, will try to spend a few days of play before I go home.

LeFrog73 -> RE: Habor in CMANO? (5/1/2014 7:52:20 AM)

Hello or better "Moin Moin",

Greiswald is located 280 kilometers to the east of my hometown. It is a very nice location for vacation. :)

As you wrote, I searched also for a ship with the needed capabilities. I found the Pirate Side "Commercial Fishing Boat [35m, Armed]" only. It has 1 slot for docked ships, like a RHIB. Until now, I have not tried the RTB/refuelling option.

Nevertheless, it would be very good if we had a land-based, base,. Because we could let the Pirates activities start near the coastline in small groups of, as example, Skiffs and without the need of a larger "Mother Ship".

Regards,
Marco

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI