RE: Replaying old games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Replaying old games (7/14/2014 4:24:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

I recently had fun pbem'ing Computer Air Combat and then Computer Ambush,  both if which were released in 1980.

I used to write AAR's when I played Computer Ambush. Great game. It's what made X-Com so great. Individual soldiers and individual orders and movements. I still remember that one massacre in the courtyard of that one town. We were all spread around it and had all those germans in our crossfires...it was over in just a few seconds (turns). After it was over I felt ashamed. We found the photos of loved ones in their pockets. We cried for what we had done. <sniff> That could have been us had we arrived a bit later.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Replaying old games (7/15/2014 8:18:17 AM)

There are two games i bought from ebay that i missed playing, one is Birthright's Gorgon Alliance and the second one is Destiny (civilization game). Both are pretty good, just need upgrade their graphics and details. Of course it wouldnt run on this pc, had to use my older pc with WinXP on it.

Just wish someone out there would me a better civilization game compare to Destiny, alot better than Sid' Civs.

v.Manstein -> RE: Replaying old games (7/15/2014 9:13:17 AM)

Lords of the Realm 1 and 2. And i loved when the enemy army camped in your backyard to feed on your cattle and grain. You were obliged to come out of your castle to challenge the intruder!

Greybriar -> RE: Replaying old games (7/15/2014 11:26:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

There are two games i bought from ebay that i missed playing, one is Birthright's Gorgon Alliance and the second one is Destiny (civilization game). Both are pretty good, just need upgrade their graphics and details. Of course it wouldnt run on this pc, had to use my older pc with WinXP on it.

Just wish someone out there would me a better civilization game compare to Destiny, alot better than Sid' Civs.

Are you referring to Destiny by Interactive Magic? Because if you are you are the first gamer I have ever encountered who enjoyed playing Destiny. But one man's trash is another man's treasure. I suppose if someone took the kinks out of it and updated it I might even try playing Destiny again.

I remember playing Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance and it seemed like a decent game back in its day. Here's a Let's Play video from YouTube about it:

Both games were released in 1996.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Replaying old games (7/15/2014 5:08:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Are you referring to Destiny by Interactive Magic? Because if you are you are the first gamer I have ever encountered who enjoyed playing Destiny. But one man's trash is another man's treasure. I suppose if someone took the kinks out of it and updated it I might even try playing Destiny again.

I remember playing Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance and it seemed like a decent game back in its day. Here's a Let's Play video from YouTube about it:

Both games were released in 1996.

Yes that the one, they should made it in species like orientals that can be mixed up with other orientals and have like Chineses, Japanese, etcs. The resouces are realistic, they dont last forever like in Sid' Games. Only things it suck is the graphics and 3D battlefields. Too bad i couldnt find the patch for it, tried to contact the company that took over I-Magic, but they dont talk much and they dont deal with old games back in the 90's.

For Birthright is kinda funny, when in 3D combat, the characters start swinging making funny noises. Now we have the abilities to make it even more details and graphics. Hard to believe our techs in pc sciences have grown so much in 15+ years.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI