A "sound" thing? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Latka -> A "sound" thing? (3/17/2001 5:04:00 AM)

I just recently put SPWaW back on my machine after a hardware failure-induced hiatus. err...sorry, just woke up, so I'm not making sense! Anyway - one thing I noticed last night while playing until 0430 - if I get my units (usually infantry) in the hex adjacent the enemy and attack, sometimes I get an attack with no sound associated to it. I'm sorry I didn't do a scan of the board first (or the v5.0 features) to see if this was taken care of. -Andy

Pack Rat -> (3/17/2001 5:19:00 AM)

Yes I've noticed this also. Sometimes with an assault, I just end up with the result. However it does seem to matter if the unit "hits" the target then the sound for that weapon plays. This is minor to me and doesn't take away from the over all.

Latka -> (3/17/2001 5:25:00 AM)

Hmm... well, glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed it. It's not a major issue or anything, just something I had noticed :) -Andy

Bob Wallace -> (3/18/2001 9:12:00 PM)

I have had that happen to me as well. Also have the ocassional high-pitched screetching at the start of a turn before I click on a unit, the sound of a tank exploding when an infantry unit gets zapped, and Tigers that sound like motorcycles when moving (this last thing only happened once, and it was in an online game where for some reason we each had a different PC generated map in a random battle, so it may have had something to do with that) Something else quite strange too... When I first installed SPWAW (version 4.0) I would have sound (music) for all parts of the game EXCEPT whhen the actual scenario was being played. Changing preferences didn't help, adjusting the channels didnt help and I know it isnt the speakers or sound card - how do I know? Well, a few weeks ago for some reason, all of the sudden I had sound during the game! Couldn't believe it and wonderred why. Then a few days ago the sound disappeared again. But alas, last evening I got it back again. I was able to isolate the cause (at least of it coming back). It appears that my installation or something disabled the sound originally (I still dont know what or why). Then a few weeks ago I started playing online with a friend who had to send me his saved file of an ongoing saved game. Once I loaded his game file, the sound was working. Last night it was the same thing. Does anyone have ANY idea what could be doing this? It isnt that I am overly fond of the music, but I am very interested in knowing what (if anything) I did wrong. Bob

Paul Vebber -> (3/19/2001 12:02:00 AM)

THe steel.prf file controls the preferences and when you save a file a copy of these settings get saved with the file. Now when you load a saved scenario, the prefs saved with that scenario get loaded, I thinkthe problem may be that they staythat way after you play the scenario until you reset them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI