Should I Purchase DW:U (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

mashkis -> Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 9:00:18 PM)

I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to DW:U. I have all of the expansions and I am not a modder and do not plan on doing any modding.
I also do not sure the game editor to make any changes.

Is this expansion worth it for someone like me?

Can I still install mods that others develop with DW:U without having Universe expansion pack?

pycco -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 9:02:46 PM)

there is a lot of upgrades in a lot of areas,the ai,the ancient galaxy and mods of course. BTW its 10$ if you own all other expansions.

AminMaalouf -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 9:10:17 PM)

I am positive with it so far.

Cauldyth -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 9:19:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mashkis
Can I still install mods that others develop with DW:U without having Universe expansion pack?

No, the game needed to be re-architected to allow for the expanded modding.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 9:20:51 PM)

quote:

I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to DW:U. I have all of the expansions and I am not a modder and do not plan on doing any modding.
I also do not sure the game editor to make any changes.

Is this expansion worth it for someone like me?

Universe has more than just modding, but it is also a unified release level for future improvements and support, so I would recommend upgrading if you can. If you have all the expansions, the download version during the release promotion will only cost you $10 and it will also allow you to use all the mods others develop for Universe (because of the greatly expanded modding capabilities, these are not backwards compatible).

Regards,

- Erik

Atrocities -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 9:52:25 PM)

Should you purchase DWU - YES. If you enjoy 4x gaming.... YES.

Spacecadet -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 10:04:41 PM)

Well, I think there is supposed to be only one more Patch for Shadows, everything else will be Universe.

Also, I would think any Mods going forward are going to be based on Universe since it encompasses everything.

OzoneGrif_slith -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 10:44:56 PM)

I think yes, you should buy it. It's amazing and I really enjoyed my first hours of gaming with it.

Or maybe you can wait for the first mods to be released by fans. The game will become astounding then. :)

Rosseau -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/23/2014 11:08:56 PM)

If you are still enjoying the game, yes - certainly for $10. Steam will open up modding to an entire new universe of talented people (pardon the pun).

towerbooks3192 -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/24/2014 1:43:55 AM)

For $10 upgrade? why not?

mashkis -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/24/2014 2:10:05 AM)

Thank you all for the input. I will purchase it once I can get my serial numbers from the support team.

Is there a way to look-up the serial numbers on my PC on the game folders?

Spacecadet -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/24/2014 2:14:14 AM)

quote:

Thank you all for the input. I will purchase it once I can get my serial numbers from the support team.

Is there a way to look-up the serial numbers on my PC on the game folders?

Yes, they're .txt files.

For DW, I believe its serialreg.txt, for Shakturi it's RotSserial.txt, and so forth.

mashkis -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/24/2014 2:28:39 AM)

Got it. Thanks.

danlongman -> RE: Should I Purchase DW:U (5/24/2014 2:44:50 AM)

[:'(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI