DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

StarLab -> DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 12:49:53 AM)

Nice one guys!

DW:U just entered the 10 ten sellers on steam (#10)- and within an hour of release!

[&o]

StarLab -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 12:50:39 AM)

It moved to #9 in the time it took me to type that ^^^

pycco -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 12:54:27 AM)

yaa congrats wonder how long it will stay there. and with 3 games at 40% off or more

Spacecadet -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 12:55:46 AM)

How do you see that?

pycco -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 12:56:29 AM)

in steam top sellers on store page down a bit

ASHBERY76 -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 1:35:52 AM)

I am happy for Elliot.He deserves success.

Spacecadet -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 1:38:34 AM)

Ah, it's on the Main Steam page . . . at #7 currently [:)]

Jim D Burns -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 4:59:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

Ah, it's on the Main Steam page . . . at #7 currently [:)]

It’s dropped to number 9 by the time I looked, but more alarmingly, it isn’t even listed in the top 100 games played today. A farming simulator made the top 100 with about 1000 people playing it today but not DW. I don’t think a complex game like this will do very well on Steam sad to say, I just hope all the negative reviews about no flashy graphics don’t hurt the game.

Jim

Antiscamp -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 6:07:57 AM)

I saw Distant Worlds in Steam's top seller list when I woke up this morning. What a great start to a great saturday! Congratulations to Elliot and the team for this outstanding success and for pulling off what popularly seems to be regarded as the greatest 4X game in recent times (In my own opinion, this is indeed the best strategy game since Civilization 1).

What a day to see Distant Worlds conquer Steam.

Erik Rutins -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 2:55:37 PM)

We made it up to #3 this morning and are staying strong in the Top 10 so far. [8D]

StarLab -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 3:16:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We made it up to #3 this morning and are staying strong in the Top 10 so far. [8D]

Awesome! I saw it at #5 at one point earlier. (sitting at #8 right now)

Well deserved too! [8D]

Shark7 -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 4:47:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I personally don't like Steam, but from a business standpoint it seems it was a good decision. More fans of the game is never a bad thing. Means more mods and more longevity. [:)]

Zazen -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 6:02:00 PM)

I encourage all of you old school DW vets to do as some of us are doing and get on the Steam forums. Answer peoples' "Is it worth it?" "Why $50 for a 4 year old game?", "Is it any good?" questions. Let's help Elliot & Erik out with some grass roots marketing.

Bingeling -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 6:34:38 PM)

I sincerely hope that DW is high on the steam list because it has sold quite a lot. And not because nothing else sold much either.

May the banks of Matrix and Elliot soon panic due to their bank accounts causing integer overflow after massive DW profits :)

Gregorovitch55 -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 6:38:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zazen

I encourage all of you old school DW vets to do as some of us are doing and get on the Steam forums. Answer peoples' "Is it worth it?" "Why $50 for a 4 year old game?", "Is it any good?" questions. Let's help Elliot & Erik out with some grass roots marketing.

Indeed, you guys are kicking up a storm over there - good idea that. Obviously people will realise fans are supporting the game, but that speaks well of it, and if nobody starts "this is actually a pile of crap" type stuff, which obviously they won't 'cos it isn't, the word will out. I'd be tempted to organize a rota :)

There's 520 current players now, gone up from 290 when I looked this morning. You can keep tabs on that here:

http://steamcharts.com/search?q=distant+worlds

Elrohir525 -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 6:41:49 PM)

Congratulations to Erik and the whole DW team! You've done great work and your success is very well deserved. [:)]

Osito -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 6:47:04 PM)

Something else, which I have very rarely seen, is that every single player review is positive. How many accounts did you Matrix guys create?

PS Only kidding, the game deserves the reviews it's received.

pycco -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 7:41:32 PM)

now in 7th on best sellers, very nice hope the Matrix team is making bank[:)][:)]

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 7:43:53 PM)

Had a gaming guildmate message last night about this cool new game he's playing, completely forgetting that I had been trying to get him to try DW a couple years back. LOL!

gyrospeck -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 10:38:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osito

Something else, which I have very rarely seen, is that every single player review is positive. How many accounts did you Matrix guys create?

PS Only kidding, the game deserves the reviews it's received.

Indeed. Dozens of reviews posted and not a single negative one so far.

Castinar -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 11:23:51 PM)

I did about 4 hours of twitch streaming this morning --- had several stop in and check it out....and subsequently buy :)

Glad to advertise this great franchise!

histgamer -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/24/2014 11:31:11 PM)

Now showing in the #6 slot for me AND its in the featured games section at the very top of the website, the featured items tab scrolls between Distant World in the first slot, Tropico 5, Wolfenstein, and onto a bunch of other games mostly AAA titles.

Kobracan -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/25/2014 12:02:04 AM)

Congratulations. Well deserved. I (and most of the community) always thought they should have gone Steam long long time ago. I think they will now go: * Face Palm * We should have done this ages ago.

pycco -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/25/2014 12:17:45 AM)

no they timed it well they know how to sell games.

at # 4 on steam can DW:U make it to #1

Icemania -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/25/2014 12:59:33 AM)

The Steam Distant Worlds Forum is going off like a frog in a sock.

Since going to sleep last night there are almost 4 pages of new posts ... and a lot of them want help.

A lot of veterans are there but we need all hands on deck.

pycco -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/25/2014 1:17:45 AM)

tell me about it.

Icemania -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/25/2014 1:43:00 AM)

pycco you are providing a lot of helpful responses on Steam, as are some other old names, great stuff dude!

Scott_WAR -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/25/2014 1:43:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kobracan

Congratulations. Well deserved. I (and most of the community) always thought they should have gone Steam long long time ago. I think they will now go: * Face Palm * We should have done this ages ago.

Quite a few of us have been saying it for a few years. But, we were told we were wrong. Just as we were told when we say reducing price on old products would provide revenue that you would otherwise NEVER get.

Well, the facts speak for themselves. Now maybe someone will wake up and realize that reducing the price on older games would be a smart move as well.

OH,.....congrats on the well earned success.

Rosseau -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/25/2014 2:08:34 AM)

Let's not forget the part we played - bought all the iterations at full price, served to do some "beta" testing (having fun doing it). And here we hand this near perfect, polished jewel over to those nerds at Steam for half the price. They better post some good mods for us or get Workshop going :)

histgamer -> RE: DW: Universe in top 10 sellers @ Steam! (5/25/2014 2:51:46 AM)

Watch the Home of Wargamer's Q&A session on twitch JD at least I think it was him does a pretty good job of laying out their reasoning for using steam now after so many years of avoiding it. He basically stated that now retail is on its last leg in the game industry (despite apparently 2014 being a up year for retail) due to digitization they are basically turning to steam to replace brick in mortar as the clientele is similar, they gave no indication it will change their overall direction of the company just more or less using it as another sales channel to replace one that is fading away with time.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kobracan

Quite a few of us have been saying it for a few years. But, we were told we were wrong. Just as we were told when we say reducing price on old products would provide revenue that you would otherwise NEVER get.

Well, the facts speak for themselves. Now maybe someone will wake up and realize that reducing the price on older games would be a smart move as well.

OH,.....congrats on the well earned success.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI