Please help a noob (potential) modder ... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Osito -> Please help a noob (potential) modder ... (5/24/2014 10:47:48 AM)

I have a question about the moddable text files, such as components.txt, etc.

I see that these files often seem to have tabs in the lines separating some of the entries. As far as I'm aware these tabs have no effect on the way the game reads the files. Can someone confirm that?

Also, what are the tabs for? I'd have expected they might be placed to improve readability, but they often seem to be pretty random to me.

Thanks for the help.

Osito

arkhometha -> RE: Please help a noob (potential) modder ... (5/24/2014 11:11:35 AM)

They are for improving readability, but for some complex files like government I prefer to do an excel table for better visualization then transfer the values. AFAIK the only thing that counts are the commas, the tabs are just for helping you read.

Fenrisfil -> RE: Please help a noob (potential) modder ... (5/24/2014 12:05:11 PM)

I think the strange spacing is probably just due to the way different programs translate the tab information. I have always added in/taken away tabs to make things more readable on my own system and it has never caused problems.

Basically, I think you can do what you want in regards to tabs (or the lack of them).

Osito -> RE: Please help a noob (potential) modder ... (5/24/2014 1:01:04 PM)

Thanks for the help :-)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI