RE: WarCabinet (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Orm -> RE: WarCabinet (11/20/2014 7:09:06 PM)

quote:

OK, out of curiosity, what else you would use?

First I want to say that the M163 VADS in the linked picture looks really cool. [:)]

I would, if possible, use man portable surface to air missiles, like FIM-92 Stinger.

[image]local://upfiles/29130/36A6DCC83ED549949C097E0F0D319EF3.jpg[/image]

Orm -> RE: WarCabinet (11/20/2014 7:10:07 PM)

Or RBS 70.

[image]local://upfiles/29130/F72B91DA46E04DC5A8DA0C2C921973C3.jpg[/image]

Orm -> RE: WarCabinet (11/20/2014 7:14:00 PM)

Or I would prefer the German Flakpanzer Gepard if I needed a self-propelled AA gun.

[image]local://upfiles/29130/A7E0947A915247FE85FD285C64759424.jpg[/image]

Marutia Ortia -> RE: WarCabinet (11/24/2014 3:01:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Or I would prefer the German Flakpanzer Gepard if I needed a self-propelled AA gun.

[image]local://upfiles/29130/A7E0947A915247FE85FD285C64759424.jpg[/image]

Wow, they all look amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

Marutia Ortia -> RE: WarCabinet (12/1/2014 2:32:14 PM)

War cabinet story part 4: 48 Hours Later - The price of Victory

You haven’t slept much in the last days.

Many unsettled questions are within your head…

How can I best serve my country?

[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Destroyed_City_Concept_02s-logo_forums.png[/image]

You should not only be excellent military commander, but also you are expected to take the burden to spend scare resources of your country to wage war… instead of these been used for the people and their wellbeing. How this could be balanced? What is really necessary in this dark time?

Read the whole story at: http://www.warcabinet.net/story/

Share your thoughts and opinion.

Marutia Ortia -> RE: WarCabinet (12/15/2014 1:47:53 PM)

Economy system within strategy war games

Guys,

We plan to implement economy system into the game. By doing this we want to achieve an additional depth of the gameplay. However, in order to do the right balance we need your valuable input here.

First of all do you enjoy economic aspect of the strategy games or you prefer pure combat only gameplay?

If there is a game economy in place it should be:

1. As simple as possible with very few type of resources with minimum amount of user management.
2. Moderately detailed economy system part of the core game mechanics. This could include several resources to be generated, monitored and used for various activities. This would mean roughly up to 20% of the gameplay might be related to economic and resource dependent activities like: purchasing of equipment, upgrades, promotions, personnel recruitment, repair of facilities, etc.
3.Well developed war economy model which will strongly influence game campaign and rules. This would required better planning of your spending and more economy related decisions and events. Without proper economy management your chance to gain victory will be vastly reduced. Of course at times it would require more micromanagement.

Any other thoughts and questions on this topic are mostly welcome.

Marutia Ortia -> RE: WarCabinet (12/18/2014 12:28:45 PM)

What's the most enjoyable part of a game to you?
Guys,

When you start playing a new game or simply replay an old one what's the most enjoyable part of the game to you?

Is it the beginning when you explore a new world and learn how to play or it is the the mid-game, when you have the chance to expand your powers and getting deep into the story or you are a fan of the final stages of the game.

How much you like to learn new things and use new functions, try new characteristics while gaming or on the contrary you prefer to stick to familiar things and keep on playing?

Orm -> RE: WarCabinet (12/20/2014 4:18:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marutia Ortia

Guys,

We plan to implement economy system into the game. By doing this we want to achieve an additional depth of the gameplay. However, in order to do the right balance we need your valuable input here.

First of all do you enjoy economic aspect of the strategy games or you prefer pure combat only gameplay?

1. As simple as possible with very few type of resources with minimum amount of user management.
2. Moderately detailed economy system part of the core game mechanics. This could include several resources to be generated, monitored and used for various activities. This would mean roughly up to 20% of the gameplay might be related to economic and resource dependent activities like: purchasing of equipment, upgrades, promotions, personnel recruitment, repair of facilities, etc.
3.Well developed war economy model which will strongly influence game campaign and rules. This would required better planning of your spending and more economy related decisions and events. Without proper economy management your chance to gain victory will be vastly reduced. Of course at times it would require more micromanagement.

I usually prefer 2 or 3.

Any chance that ammo and fuel could be limited so that there was a need for supply units and supply dumps?

Orm -> RE: WarCabinet (12/20/2014 4:22:01 AM)

quote:

Guys,

When you start playing a new game or simply replay an old one what's the most enjoyable part of the game to you?

Is it the beginning when you explore a new world and learn how to play or it is the the mid-game, when you have the chance to expand your powers and getting deep into the story or you are a fan of the final stages of the game.

How much you like to learn new things and use new functions, try new characteristics while gaming or on the contrary you prefer to stick to familiar things and keep on playing?

I usually prefer the beginning but after you have done the many changes that are (often) needed at once in order to change things as I prefer them.

The end game is often disappointing when you know how it will end but it just takes time to get there.

demyansk -> RE: WarCabinet (12/21/2014 12:28:16 PM)

When is this game going to be rel eased

Marutia Ortia -> RE: WarCabinet (12/22/2014 2:33:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

When is this game going to be rel eased

Hopefully next year :) We have a lot to do

Marutia Ortia -> RE: WarCabinet (12/22/2014 2:34:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Guys,

I usually prefer the beginning but after you have done the many changes that are (often) needed at once in order to change things as I prefer them.

The end game is often disappointing when you know how it will end but it just takes time to get there.

I agree. For me the beginning is also the most attractive part

Marutia Ortia -> Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (12/22/2014 11:34:15 PM)

Warmest greetings of the Season Happiness in the New Year with Christmas Blessings!

Mindheart team

[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Christmas-card_21.jpg[/image]

76mm -> RE: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (12/26/2014 11:14:51 AM)

Regarding the eco mic part of the game: I enjoy this part of the game but would prefer if it is very simple--in fact no "resources" at all, bit simply points which represent political and/or financial capital. Little countries cannot be expected to produce this type of equipment in their own, so points could represent what their superpower allies are providing them. Points could be awarded for occupying towns/cities, winning battles, etc. Points would then be used to purchase equipment/troops.

NikiAlex -> RE: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (12/30/2014 6:39:26 AM)

76mm you are very close to what we plan to implement.
There will be 3 type of resources: Financial+Leadership
Human: Manpower, Officers
and War Materials.
I would rather stick to avoid complicated economy.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: WarCabinet (12/30/2014 2:22:21 PM)

quote:

Guys,

An automated economy like Distant Worlds would be ok and then the player can decide when or if he wants to take it over. There's a lot of resources in this world and micromanaging it all could get pretty tedious. I usually let the ai/automation decide what resources to gather and store. I don't care for all the micormanagement. I want to play WAR not Donald Gore. [:D]

Marutia Ortia -> RE: WarCabinet (1/8/2015 2:03:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

Guys,

An automated economy like Distant Worlds would be ok and then the player can decide when or if he wants to take it over. There's a lot of resources in this world and micromanaging it all could get pretty tedious. I usually let the ai/automation decide what resources to gather and store. I don't care for all the micormanagement. I want to play WAR not Donald Gore. [:D]

Very good suggestion. Thank you for your input :)

Marutia Ortia -> RE: WarCabinet (1/8/2015 2:03:51 PM)

Repair your valuable assets

Hi guys,

What do you think about the option War Cabinet to allow the presence of engineering function? Would you like your vehicles, buildings, routes and etc. to be repaired as this would cost you some resources?

In most games I`m tired of having assets available but can't repair them, when they get damaged.

Would you consider it effective and useful? Would you spend your valuable game resources for different repairs?

For me it would be a great option even if it costs much, because the repair of valuable assets would give me additional flexibility and speed in all combats. It will also change my entire strategy and planning.

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (2/27/2015 6:13:39 AM)

Hi fellow gamers.
I would like to announce that War Cabinet will enter closed early alpha playtesting within a few days.
We will be glad if players with passion for strategy games would be interested to play slice of the game.
If you want to try it out and willing to spend some time sending us your valuable feedback then do not hesitate to PM me.
Thank you for the support so far!

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (2/28/2015 5:35:09 AM)

War Cabinet closed alpha is going to start tomorrow.
Do not forget to check your mails [;)]

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (3/1/2015 8:23:26 AM)

Demo is released.
Include: strategic layer, officers and 3D tactical combat.
Early gameplay video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDkx4NOEgg
Feedback really matters.

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (3/3/2015 11:17:24 AM)

Might be worth checking latest game character design at www.warcabinet.net

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (3/15/2015 3:05:49 PM)

More long range firepower is included at War Cabinet game.
M109 is mobile howitzer that is available for play with House of Orange faction.
We are confident that this will bring more challenge, tactics options and fun in the battles.
Newly added war vehicles could be seen at: http://www.warcabinet.net/gallery/pre-alpha-screenshots/

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (3/20/2015 7:43:27 PM)

Some more from the gameplay featuring strategic layer operations and follow up night combat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSUhjFpmYg
As usual HD and sound on

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (4/11/2015 7:26:40 AM)

Yet more weapons available to conduct warfare at War Cabinet. These are ranging from infantry assault rifles to air force’s strike elements. See them all at: http://www.warcabinet.net/gallery/early-alpha-screenshots/

Game is successfully migrated to Unity 5 which will bring major improvements in our future versions.
Stay tuned for latest gameplay videos including major new features.

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (4/25/2015 6:12:33 PM)

Ready to discuss offensive approach both on strategic and tactical level?

Start preparing force allocation in the war theater. Using balanced mix of frontline units (infantry, mechanized and armor) and sufficient number of support formations (Artillery, Air Defense and Logistics)
[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Strategic-Allocation.png[/image]

On operation level prefer to use “shock” formations for quick penetrations. Typical one would include mix and Armor and Mechanized unit for recon and spearhead assaults. This would be accompanied by second line of self-propelled artillery batteries. When on offensive you would need mobile support formation to keep up with the advance. Mobile Air Defense is also necessity for most major engagements. CAS used extensively when available. Watch out, suppress or avoid enemy SAMs when using air assets.
[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/LandFormation.png[/image]

What would be you tactics and force composition when you want to achieve quick breakthrough?
Would you share your preferred equipment for the mission?

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (5/20/2015 6:47:29 PM)

Warming up with screen from new battleground before next major build.
Expect to see world weapons market, equipment stockpiles on strategic layer.
Air combat is already functional and will need new fighter pilots. New bids also await their combat debut. Stay tuned as strategic warfare getting into vast new dimensions. Don’t want to spoil it all
[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/NewShots_logo.png[/image]

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (5/31/2015 11:35:47 AM)

Dear Gamers,
Last month brought in-game several important features
Worth mention:
World Weapons Market, Air combat with destructible aircrafts, Inventory system, Revamped land units navigation, more camera controls with mouse, etc.
Along with that Mig-21bis is a fresh addition to the air superiority role.

[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AirCombat.png[/image]
[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FightersDestroyed.png[/image]
[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Mig-21Bis.png[/image]

Air combat mechanics are discussed at: http://forum.warcabinet.net/topic/422-air-combat-revealed/

Gameplay video with Dev commentary is coming next.

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (6/25/2015 2:26:22 PM)

Would like to share with you more information about infantry formation equipment, usage and tactics.
Mortars are added as standard fire support element on battalion level. On tactical battles they will act as separate units formed into battery. Despite limited range and moderate firepower when deployed right they could be used with great effect against soft targets given their high mobility and concealment factor.
Below is shown 2B14 Podnos, Russian 82mm mortar. We could promise that animated fire support teams would be really cool to watch in action. We will showcase them soon.
[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/82mm_Mortar.png[/image]

Another great asset for the infantry formation is portable SAMs. They will come at a price and not always will easy to obtain, but once in possession they could prove very efficient against much more valuable air assets. Undetected infantry having such SAMs would be high tread against helicopters or low flying planes. The more advanced versions of these weapons will be increasingly dangerous. If you include Portables SAMs into your battalion they will be embedded as launcher carry soldier into the infantry platoons.

Some examples of what the factions will use:
Strela-3 (SA-14)
[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Strela-3.png[/image]

FIM-92B Stinger
[image]http://www.warcabinet.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FIM-92B-Stinger.png[/image]

Hope this will further enhance tactical battle possibilities and fun.

Gameplay video have to wait some more time as we all suck at commentary thus countless repeats have to be made..

NikiAlex -> RE: WarCabinet (8/22/2015 9:46:47 AM)

Hi,

Darkness is approaching. It's a preparation for full-blown warfare.
You can see the in-game strategic layer features in this short video
Design and customization of units, Generals and officers development, Large thereat of war, Weapons stockpiles.. decisions you make affect the gameplay
Gamer's comments help us greatly to shape high quality game. Your support is invaluable.
Next major build is in September.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI