Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Arkblade -> Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally (5/25/2014 10:34:26 AM)

Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally.
it can't take display in-game windows and UI.
if you take Screenshot from Steam Screenshot Function, it will only display space.

temporary fix:
you put any screenshots to
Steam\userdata\****(any number)\760\remote\261470\screenshots
and
Steam\userdata\****(any number)\760\remote\261470\screenshots\thumbnails
(if you can, resized it. 200x113)
and reboot steam. it recognized by steam.

Buio -> RE: Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally (5/25/2014 10:56:45 AM)

It's the same problem with Fraps. Guessing Steam takes it screenshots the same way.

Tree Dog -> RE: Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally (5/25/2014 11:00:35 AM)

With FRAPS too?
That's weird, it used to work in previous versions.
Was it the Steam version?

Antiscamp -> RE: Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally (5/25/2014 11:40:15 AM)

When I record videos of the game, I need to set my recording software Bandicam to just record Full Screen and not Direct X/Open GL Window as with other games. I guess it's because of how Distant Worlds is a different kind of software, created and maintained in a different way, than your regular games. It resembles a Windows application more than an actual game in that department.

StarLab -> RE: Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally (5/25/2014 12:38:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antiscamp

When I record videos of the game, I need to set my recording software Bandicam to just record Full Screen and not Direct X/Open GL Window as with other games. I guess it's because of how Distant Worlds is a different kind of software, created and maintained in a different way, than your regular games. It resembles a Windows application more than an actual game in that department.

Yes, things changed in Shadows when DW moved to the XNA engine for its graphics. I had to change my recording setup to compensate as it was missing the UI interface in the final video.

Castinar -> RE: Steam Screenshot Function won't work normally (5/25/2014 12:48:02 PM)

Same thing with my streaming software (Xsplit) --- it captures the main game screen, but none of the pop ups (events, design screens, etc.). Using screen capture is the only way to stream (that I've discovered at least)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI