Shipset (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

drillerman -> Shipset (5/26/2014 7:44:23 AM)

Shipset. I didn't design the ships just found them on the internet. Download in second post.

These ships were originally made by Okim. and bastardized by me.

[image]local://upfiles/34061/9AAD50DA057E4AA690F84067C0269E98.jpg[/image]

drillerman -> RE: Shipset (5/26/2014 7:45:10 AM)

Shipset.zip

Deon -> RE: Shipset (5/26/2014 7:57:19 AM)

This one is definitely going to be useful for someone. Did you see the name of the Author? Leaving a credit or link to his work would be cool. I want to see more from where this came from.

Gareth_Bryne -> RE: Shipset (5/26/2014 8:44:47 AM)

I recognize the ships as coming from a mod to the Starsector game

rankalee -> RE: Shipset (5/26/2014 9:09:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gareth_Bryne

I recognize the ships as coming from a mod to the Starsector game

Aye. Its from Project Ironclads for Starsector by Okim, which is a really awesome mod I must mention... the guy has crazy talent.

Go check it here.
link: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=431.0

ChildServices -> RE: Shipset (5/26/2014 10:11:55 AM)

Somebody should ask his permission and port across the rest of the ships, because there is some pretty damn cool stuff in that mod.

Mad Igor -> RE: Shipset (5/26/2014 10:22:16 AM)

2 cartoonish and doesn't blend in to DW imo.

drillerman -> RE: Shipset (5/26/2014 10:35:08 AM)

That's right. starsector. Lots of good ships on the forum. Another good one is battleships forever.

@mad igor. Funny you say that. I always felt the Gratuitous space battles ships were a bit like that.

Solarius Scorch -> RE: Shipset (5/26/2014 1:41:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rankalee
Its from Project Ironclads for Starsector by Okim, which is a really awesome mod I must mention... the guy has crazy talent.

Yep. He also made the Advanced Combat Mod for UFO: Aftershock, which I consider essential to the game... :)

Okim -> RE: Shipset (5/27/2014 6:42:52 AM)

Khem... Here i am.

First of all - that`s not good to take someone`s work without permission, but i suppose that you took these from somewhere where they were already taken without asking me about it. I`d like to know where you picked them from.
Secondly - it pains me to see how my ships were melded into carriers, freighters and other pieced together stuff like the bases, but i can deal with it.

So, what should we do with this? I don`t mind if you use the ships, but please at least upgrade the sprites with drive and light positions (pure blue and pure yellow pixels IIRC). And put the link to the mod in your original post with proper credits.

Just for your information - i have no problems with anyone making other shipsets based on my mod.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=431.0

drillerman -> RE: Shipset (5/27/2014 9:44:52 AM)

quote:

First of all - that`s not good to take someone`s work without permission, but i suppose that you took these from somewhere where they were already taken without asking me about it. I`d like to know where you picked them from.

Sorry! Star Sector forums.

quote:

Secondly - it pains me to see how my ships were melded into carriers, freighters and other pieced together stuff like the bases, but i can deal with it.

Sorry! ...and thanks.
quote:

So, what should we do with this? I don`t mind if you use the ships, but please at least upgrade the sprites with drive and light positions (pure blue and pure yellow pixels IIRC). And put the link to the mod in your original post with proper credits.

Drives and lights were already done. and done.

quote:

Just for your information - i have no problems with anyone making other shipsets based on my mod.

thanks. that's great.

Okim -> RE: Shipset (5/27/2014 9:58:09 AM)

That`s odd. Other than my mod`s thread there is no other place on the forums where you can get my ships. At least i`m not aware of it.

drillerman -> RE: Shipset (5/27/2014 10:19:23 AM)

Hi Okim. I got them from the link above at the star sector forum. Was this OK. If not I'll take them off and just use them for myself. I do own star sector BTW. If that helps. Regards

tjhkkr -> RE: Shipset (5/27/2014 11:52:00 AM)

It is a very nice ship set.
I like having varieties of ships.
Actually I like having both the same ships for different races AND varieties...
Same ships because it makes you very careful before you open fire on someone...
And different ships... well, because they are different.

It is a cool ship set though.

Okim -> RE: Shipset (5/27/2014 2:13:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: drillerman

Hi Okim. I got them from the link above at the star sector forum. Was this OK. If not I'll take them off and just use them for myself. I do own star sector BTW. If that helps. Regards

That`s the thread of my Ironclads mod for Starsector. Yes, its ok to use them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI