Performance is better when DW is run outside of steam? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Rahal -> Performance is better when DW is run outside of steam? (5/26/2014 7:34:58 PM)

It seems to me that the ui is a tiny bit more responsive and frame rates are better (it's still fine either way) when I run the game without going through steam.

It's no big deal just wondering if anyone else finds the same?

Flinkebeinchen -> RE: Performance is better when DW is run outside of steam? (5/26/2014 10:54:32 PM)

No, not really.

OzoneGrif_slith -> RE: Performance is better when DW is run outside of steam? (5/26/2014 11:38:08 PM)

Nope... It's never really been smooth anyway. Lots of calculations in this game, and few if no multithreading.

Kylan -> RE: Performance is better when DW is run outside of steam? (5/27/2014 9:08:21 PM)

If you haven't already, disabling the Steam overlay in the game properties should help a bit.

Unforeseen -> RE: Performance is better when DW is run outside of steam? (5/28/2014 11:44:11 AM)

Eh i've always had issues with steam. Only reason i have it at all is because so many freaking games require it now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI