Question about modding the star field background (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

StarWolf -> Question about modding the star field background (5/29/2014 2:55:59 PM)

Hi, I started playing Universe and was somewhat taken aback by how dense the background star field is. There are so many stars I actually find it distracting and ugly.

Can anyone tell me if there is an image file you can mod, edit, or replace with one that has fewer stars?

Thanks

Darkspire -> RE: Question about modding the star field background (5/29/2014 5:08:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StarWolf

Hi, I started playing Universe and was somewhat taken aback by how dense the background star field is. There are so many stars I actually find it distracting and ugly.

Can anyone tell me if there is an image file you can mod, edit, or replace with one that has fewer stars?

Thanks

You could reduce the stars on the map by selecting less stars at game creation and have a look at the black map I made up in Darkspires's File Repository.

Darkspire

Buio -> RE: Question about modding the star field background (5/29/2014 7:15:35 PM)

I have may star effect density set to minimum. Just click options at start menu after launching the game. It creates the best image according to me.

Here is how it looks:
http://abload.de/img/dwudzu4i.jpg

StarWolf -> RE: Question about modding the star field background (5/29/2014 10:24:54 PM)

Thanks guys. I somehow missed the slider for that setting in the options. It looks great now. I'm so glad this game has these kinds of options.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI