Halo Mod for DW Universe? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

gagelange10 -> Halo Mod for DW Universe? (5/30/2014 12:26:16 AM)

I think it would be cool seeing a Halo mod. If any have been made please tell me.

Titan32 -> RE: Halo Mod for DW Universe? (5/30/2014 3:32:44 PM)

That would be amazing.

The different races I can think of:

- UNSC/Humans, obviously. I found some ship sprites someone made for another game: i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x423/Kalthaniell/haloshipspreview.png
They could have access to Corporate Nationalism, Mercantile Guild.

- Elites. Here's one of their ships: img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110621030014/halo/images/5/5c/Covenant_assaut_carrier.png
Few ideas: science bonuses, an efficiency bonus for Special Forces, maybe access to Megatron Z4 or ShadowGhost ECM.

- Brutes. Access to Shaktur Firestorm (think of the combustible canon).

- Legkolo. Hello Hunters and Scarabs! Strong bonuses for Infantries and Armors.

- Jackals. Access to Raptor Targetting System, of course. Bonus for Special Forces.

- Drones. Access to SwiftVector/TurboThruster ?

- Grunts. Fast reproduction, weak but cheap troops.

- Engineers. Utopian Paradise, S2F7 RepairBot.

- Even the Prophets were at first a race with millions of inhabitants according to Halopedia. Access to Technocracy, and maybe Galactic Archives?

- The Covenant Alliance. When choosing this "race", the major race of the empire could be the Prophets, but the starting planets could have a crushing majority of other covenant species.

- The Forunners. They seem to be especially developped in the last Halo games. They could make an especially violent "ancient guardians" replacement.
Access to S2F7 RepairBot, maybe ShadowGhost ECM.

- The Flood. I guess they could take the job of the actual super-vilain. Hive-Mind government, fast reproduction, and Universal Hive wonder.

Age of Shadows could be after the firing of a Halo, and Return of the Shakturis would become Return of the Flood, but without the planet destroyers [:D]
Also, there's a lot of ruins in the Halo universe, and halos could be a new type of planets.

Just my 2 cents and few ideas for example, but such a mod would definitely be awesome.
I could try to make the .txt , but I'll still lack pictures for the ships. [:(]

Unforeseen -> RE: Halo Mod for DW Universe? (5/30/2014 3:45:31 PM)

The Flood would need a vastly increased population growth bonus as a result of population extermination, given the numbers of flood in the game i'd say to set it to max 5.0. Although, idk how quickly they'd be able to build their own ships...if at all...

gagelange10 -> RE: Halo Mod for DW Universe? (6/1/2014 5:25:57 AM)

Yea it would be amazing. The possibilities are endless. Shame I have no experience in modding. :(
Fantastic ideas though. :D Also instead of the flood being a replacement for the Shakturi. They could be the like the silver mist instead. Being released when a Halo is found, or having an event when a Halo is found and having the flood forming its own empire. Also it would be nice to see a mechanic for the ark or a certain Halo to have a firing mechanism.

gagelange10 -> RE: Halo Mod for DW Universe? (6/10/2014 8:40:14 PM)

Can anyone make this?

Mansen -> RE: Halo Mod for DW Universe? (6/10/2014 9:37:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

The Flood would need a vastly increased population growth bonus as a result of population extermination, given the numbers of flood in the game i'd say to set it to max 5.0. Although, idk how quickly they'd be able to build their own ships...if at all...

http://www.6aming.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/endlessspace2.jpeg

Organically? :)

Unforeseen -> RE: Halo Mod for DW Universe? (6/11/2014 12:16:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mansen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

http://www.6aming.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/endlessspace2.jpeg

Organically? :)

Yes :D!!

LeonNetallo -> RE: Halo Mod for DW Universe? (6/25/2014 12:05:46 PM)

I have a mod in the works, just for you all, and I'd like to thank Titan32 for those extra models I can make now ;w; I do hope one of those is a orbital MAC Cannon. Anyway I'll try giving you all the link somehow, I've had to rewrite this 3 times now -.-

/forums/tm.asp?m=3643890&mpage=1&key=�
insert that after the matrix games url.
&# 3643890
insert that after key=

gagelange10 -> RE: Halo Mod for DW Universe? (6/26/2014 12:39:54 AM)

Awesome! [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI