The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

jamthree -> The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/1/2014 9:44:03 PM)

So I have been collecting files, mainly ship images, off these forums and a couple of other places for quite some time for my own use to enhance my game. I decided to take some time and put them all together with the release of Universe, there are 3,567 images in my shipsets folder alone. There are also tons of flags, space themed music, etc.

I split the Kitchen sink into two part images and sounds. Please be aware that not everything is made to perfectly fit into a Universe folder structure, its more just so stuff is easier to find, and some of the individual files may need some work, renaming, some of the ships need re-scaling (according to the guide ships should be 300x300 or less lighting corrected, and engine and running lights added etc.

For the planet images they are in subfolders from the original posting as the overlays matter, Would be nice to see a comprehensive planet HD overhaul.

Credit goes to pretty much anyone who has ever posted a file on these forums.

Downloads [sm=sterb029.gif]

images

sounds

[image]local://upfiles/44719/B25A6BE1C4F54D85981BDCF73479488E.jpg[/image]

WaflHead -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/1/2014 10:05:10 PM)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been scanning the forums for days downloading mods individually, this is a real time saver. Now I gotta decide which to try first.

Buio -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/1/2014 10:45:31 PM)

"403 - Forbidden"

AnddyiRaynor -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/1/2014 11:30:34 PM)

It's gamefront that the images link goes to so maybe you are in one of the countries that can't download from it? Anyways it has those weapon effects from
[REL] Kalthaniell's Shipyards -Updated 02.01.12 ( image heavy )   

Azurian -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/1/2014 11:43:10 PM)

Thanks so much! Downloaded the images folder.

Buio -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/2/2014 3:16:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AnddyiRaynor
It's gamefront that the images link goes to so maybe you are in one of the countries that can't download from it?

Yeah, found the list in the FAQ. Not allowed to download.
http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/

What a terrible site. Not only do older mods there never work, now I can't download new files either.

AnddyiRaynor -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/2/2014 3:54:22 AM)

You could try to proxy it.

Solarius Scorch -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/3/2014 9:51:13 AM)

I wonder what we Poles have done to deserve being left out from that list, when countries like Macedonia, Western Sahara or Uzbekistan being allowed to download.
Must be all those anti-ACTA protests.

Me so proud now. =)

Isimiel -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/3/2014 3:16:01 PM)

Sweet we need this [:)] also feel free to put in any of my shipsets that i have made or will make [;)]

Theluin -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/3/2014 6:27:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Solarius Scorch

I wonder what we Poles have done to deserve being left out from that list, when countries like Macedonia, Western Sahara or Uzbekistan being allowed to download.
Must be all those anti-ACTA protests.

Me so proud now. =)

I'm living in Poland and never had any problem downloading from gamefront, though I just checked the list of allowed countries and Poland sure isn't there. Strange.[sm=rolleyes.gif]

tjhkkr -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/3/2014 6:45:34 PM)

This is a LONG download, but worth it; lots of good stuff here that I never knew about.
I deleted a lot, but I also found lots of stuff that I made use of.

Thank you very much.

TheRevanchist -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/4/2014 11:50:08 PM)

Guys, if you can't download the files from GameFront, just use a proxy to access it. If you don't know how to do it, follow these steps:

1. Use Firefox.
2. Use Firefox (seriously guys, you should use it...).
3. Search on Google "firefox addon anonymox" and click on first link.
4. Click on "Add to Firefox" and give permission to install it. Restart Firefox.
5. Click on the new installed addon's X ( the big black X should be somewhere in the address bar or in the bar at the bottom )
6. Click on active and choose a Country ( UK works just fine )
7. Go to the GameFront links and download.

Of course the download will be slower because the files are being downloaded via the proxy.

And thank you jamthree a million times. You're awesome [&o]

LeFoureur -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/5/2014 1:36:20 AM)

Thank you !

TheRevanchist -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/6/2014 12:34:46 PM)

Hey Jamthree, could you upload your files to some mirrors, maybe Mega, or MediaFire, or something else?
Apparently, with a proxy, I can't complete the download, and the files end up being corrupted.

Dd_01 -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/7/2014 1:23:01 PM)

Great job, jamthree. Some of those ships are really lovely. But the recolored ones are broken - there are empty spaces in the images, shipsets miss carriers, and thruster blue lines are not completely blue (which leads to no visual thrusters at all).

jamthree -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/7/2014 8:16:20 PM)

Oh I am sure some of them are broken, and the ones missing carriers are from shipsets that existed prior to the introduction of carriers in the game.

As far as another upload maybe in awhile I am going through and cleaning some, going to build a mod.

Aeo762 -> RE: The Kitchensink - HUGE file repository (6/8/2014 9:10:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheRevanchist

Hey Jamthree, could you upload your files to some mirrors, maybe Mega, or MediaFire, or something else?
Apparently, with a proxy, I can't complete the download, and the files end up being corrupted.

I second this request..
Tried downloading three times now, failed each time just as it was about to complete.
I'm not even using a proxy, I'm in the USA.

Edit: Fourth time's the charm, I suppose.
Tried one last time, and it finally finished successfully.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI