Mining rights and Military refuel right? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Humility -> Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/3/2014 8:06:49 AM)

Would anyone tell me what it's do in detail? Thank you.

fenrislokison -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/3/2014 8:09:07 AM)

As far as i know, mining rights enable one to build mining stations in someone else's territory.

Military refueling enable one to refuel ships on someone else's starports and other refuelling sources.

Kantay -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/3/2014 11:40:16 AM)

Never let anyone build mines in your territory, ever. If they want something, they can trade you for it.

Mansen -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/3/2014 12:09:59 PM)

I don't recall ever seeing a mining base from a foreign power despite giving anyone and everyone fuel and mining rights for the diplomatic benefit.

I would think it only lets them manually mine using ships - they can't construct anything.

Spacecadet -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/3/2014 2:32:28 PM)

Yes, giving Mining Rights allows the other Empire to build Mines in your Territory.

On the minus side, they can grab resources that you may want/need.

On the plus side, they will have ships patrolling these Mines, so any Pirate on Enemy (theirs) incursions into the area will initiate battle.
This is also a good reason to build in their Territory if you're trying to help them and they've given you Mining Rights.

@Mansen, when I've let the AI run Diplomacy for a while and they've given away Mining Rights, I've often seen other Empire Mines in my Territory.

Mansen -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/3/2014 3:53:53 PM)

How odd - I guess I must have been really lucky then. But good to know. :)

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/3/2014 6:58:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Humility

Hello Humility, and welcome to the forums!
In addition to the aforementioned comments, be very analytical and cautious when deciding to allow another
faction to refuel their military ships in your territory.

I've seen instances where a race that has refueling rights declares war on a faction that you just happen to
have a Mutual Defense Pact with. Then, due to that, not only are they now firing on your ships, but you have
many 'fully fueled' enemy ships/fleets within your territory and they start killing your bases and mines as well!
[:-]

OzoneGrif_slith -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/3/2014 7:36:33 PM)

As for the benefits : Diplomatic relations.

If you are very close to another civilization, you might agree to share your territory and fuel. You'll get even closer.

I've built some very strong alliances with these agreements.

FingNewGuy -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/4/2014 12:33:02 AM)

quote:

In addition to the aforementioned comments, be very analytical and cautious when deciding to allow another

[sm=happy0065.gif]

Humility -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/4/2014 4:05:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Humility

Hello Humility, and welcome to the forums!

I've seen instances where a race that has refueling rights declares war on a faction that you just happen to
have a Mutual Defense Pact with. Then, due to that, not only are they now firing on your ships, but you have
many 'fully fueled' enemy ships/fleets within your territory and they start killing your bases and mines as well!
[:-]

Thank welcome me, is that happan in higher level? I am playing normal level? Hmmm, Sound like mining right not worth it if you want
resource somewhere.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Mining rights and Military refuel right? (6/4/2014 5:22:54 AM)

It can happen at ANY level. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI