Technocracy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Fleshbits -> Technocracy (6/5/2014 2:11:47 AM)

My goodness they have everything researched! Is that normal? There are two technocracy races in my games and I thought I'd just mow them over like I did the rest, but suddenly my fleets started losing ships!

So, I loaded back a bit and started doubling all my fleet sized for a second round.

Spidey -> RE: Technocracy (6/5/2014 2:20:48 AM)

Yeah, techno-crazy is a bit overpowered, to say the least. It means the Zenox have the second highest science bonus at the start of the game and the Quameno are completely off the charts if they're allowed to live long enough. 40% base and another +50% from their government type.

Considering the AI isn't good at getting to WotA, this pretty much means that the two technocracy races win the science race unless something gets in their way.

Timotheus -> RE: Technocracy (6/5/2014 8:45:17 AM)

As a Human empire, I gotta say Quameno are my best scientists... thanks to my spies.

Mansen -> RE: Technocracy (6/5/2014 11:54:59 AM)

Personally I feel that most of the forms of government are either grossly under- or overpowered.

Guedez -> RE: Technocracy (6/5/2014 2:14:02 PM)

My wasp bug thingy is developing stuff 3x faster instead of only 2x like them, crazy hm?
And if it comes to it, as opposed of them, i can just go to war and **** them over, they might have tech, but i got dosh.
(no seriously, the wasp thingies pop growth speed is retarded high, i was making 200k/year in 2030 or something, then i could just crash every research project, or buy off people the whole thing ready, all the while making buddies with pirates)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI