Problems With Laser Designator (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Coldmeter -> Problems With Laser Designator (6/5/2014 2:53:06 PM)

Hi all,

I've been playing (restarted several times now) Caribbean Crisis, The Showdown for the last two days and my F-16's are letting me down. Problem is that when I designate an F-16 with the GBU-24A/B LGB load-out they don't keep the target illuminated and so they keep missing. Just to make sure last time I created a naval strike mission with both FFG's inside and radar etc.. all active, GBU's away and F-16 immediately turns for base on winchester, leaving the target not illuminated.
Am I doing something wrong here? Its very frustrating flying all the back to St. Marten every time ;-)

Mark

pjb1 -> RE: Problems With Laser Designator (6/5/2014 2:57:05 PM)

try turning off the when Winchester rtb option.

Tomcat84 -> RE: Problems With Laser Designator (6/5/2014 2:57:06 PM)

Temporary "fix" pending further investigation might be to disable RTB when winchester doctrine?

Tomcat84 -> RE: Problems With Laser Designator (6/5/2014 2:57:28 PM)

Beat me by a second! CRAP! [:D]

Coldmeter -> RE: Problems With Laser Designator (6/5/2014 3:02:42 PM)

Of course, simples! thanks guys.

Sticking with my laser designators and making sure they are switch on for the attack, will they switch on automatically when I go to radar and ECM active? I notice that as a group you cannot see the sensors & pod buttons on the unit status right side column, only as a single aircraft.

Tomcat84 -> RE: Problems With Laser Designator (6/5/2014 3:05:46 PM)

I believe you dont even have to go radar and ECM active, it will go automatically. If you are manual targeting and the weapon status is OK then that means it will go. Otherwise it will say cant be illuminated (for example because of weather, too far away, etc).

make sense?

Coldmeter -> RE: Problems With Laser Designator (6/5/2014 3:07:26 PM)

Thanks TC, will give a try, back to the Caribbean!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI