noob question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

xatharas -> noob question (6/6/2014 10:24:43 AM)

I've played a couple of games now, but I'm still wondering what the percentages mean beside the resources (for example he (29%) of He (91%), what does that mean? I suppose more of the resource present?

Bingeling -> RE: noob question (6/6/2014 10:30:57 AM)

It decides how fast the resource is mined. A 90% source is much better than a 25% source. They both are infinite in amounts apart from random events.

Modest -> RE: noob question (6/6/2014 10:35:30 AM)

Resources on planets are infinite (beside special event telling You they got exhausted) - I am telling it to You just in case You are affraid those percentages will drop to 0% and resources will disappear. So don't be affraid of that - not going to happen. Not that way at least.

So what they are meaning? I will put it simply - it shows how good resource source this planet is. Extractors have certian output - for sake of simplycity let's say that one Gas Extractor is extracting 100 units of gas per day (note - those numbers are not really - they are ONLY examples, and are made to show it easy). So if You find planet with Calson 85%, than this extractor will extract 85 units of Calson per day. If planet will have 3% Calson resource, than You will extract only 3 units of Calson per day. As I said - really in game numbers are diffrent, and extraction is not per day for sure. Still the basic idea is the same and You should now get it.

So what? More Extractors will extract more resources? Well... Yes, but to certian limit which is hardcoded I think. Or maybe not - I don't care, as two extractors works perfectly fine.

EDITED And as always, somebody has managed to say what I wanted to in much more efficient and simpler way ;)

tilarium -> RE: noob question (6/6/2014 10:36:31 AM)

Ah cool to know! I always figured that it was the amount of the resource on the planet and that the resources were limited.

xatharas -> RE: noob question (6/6/2014 10:56:36 AM)

thank you for the rapid answer! Now I'll not be mining those 15% sources unless I'm really hurting for the resource! [&o]

Aeson -> RE: noob question (6/6/2014 3:49:16 PM)

quote:

thank you for the rapid answer! Now I'll not be mining those 15% sources unless I'm really hurting for the resource!

Just remember that a single location with several low percentage resources is easier to defend than several locations which each have a single high percentage resource, and a low-percentage resource site nearby may be more useful, at least in the short term, than a high percentage resource site further away.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI