Mortar firing cancellation [bug] (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support

PztCrackwise -> Mortar firing cancellation [bug] (6/7/2014 8:11:38 AM)

One funny bug I have just noticed. It isn't a game breaker or anything, but still, is not very nice that it is bugged.

When you fire with any mortar team (light/medium mortar doesn't matter), try cancelling the attack for instance by switching to ambush mode quickly after you have heard the shooting sound from the tube. You will realize even though the sound of a shot of mortar was heard, no shots were actually fired. No round falls to the designated target, no ammunition consumed.

vobbnobb -> RE: Mortar firing cancellation [bug] (6/18/2014 7:15:50 PM)

I agree. Fired a mortar from team and while in air put team in defense mode. The fired mortar round never lands no impact at all possible wasted rounds. To solve this I just wait for impact sound then put the arc to save my rounds.

Dowly -> RE: Mortar firing cancellation [bug] (6/19/2014 6:49:13 AM)

I can confirm this as well, just tried it with both 2 and 3 inch mortars. Round never lands.

Pvt_Grunt -> RE: Mortar firing cancellation [bug] (6/19/2014 8:46:36 AM)

I also had a strange result with the British 3" mortar. It would not fire at the target and instead of the timer count down it gave a string of numbers with "2d xx" in it. I will try to replicate the error and take a screen shot this time, as I was having too much fun hunting a MkIV at the time.

SteveMcClaire -> RE: Mortar firing cancellation [bug] (6/20/2014 5:26:43 PM)

This is a limitation of the CC engine that has always been there. There is no tracking of rounds in flight, so all shots and hits are instantaneous. Mortars employ a bit of fakery to make it look and sound like they've fired, when in fact the actual 'shot' does not occur within the engine until the time the round is going to land.

Steve

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI