No blood patches... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen

Adam106 -> No blood patches... (6/7/2014 5:08:40 PM)

So far I'm liking Gateway To Caen. Having not played PITF, the new battlegroup screen will take some getting used. Love the new sounds and voices.

One question though - were has all the blood and gore gone? When soldiers are wounded / killed we don't get the classic CC red puddle. Admittedly sometimes the effect was a little over done when large numbers fell in close proximity, but to honest it was a quick and easy visual reference for casualty numbers. It's now kind of hard to tell at first glance whether a solider is live or dead. Can we have it back as an option?

fmj -> RE: No blood patches... (6/7/2014 6:26:45 PM)

I noticed that in screens as well, and it does seem to make it more difficult to tell who's alive. It also dumbs down the atmosphere a bit. I have not purchased the game yet, on the fence. Is there an option to turn blood on/off?

I wonder if this has something to do with the Steam release and game ratings accessible to all ages?

Also if the $35 price tag is only for the short term "early buy" and will increase to $40+ in a few weeks...then I definitely will NOT purchase. Price seems high at $35 to begin with. Especially since I own every version from cc2-5, and have purchased every remake except pitf from matrix. And every "remake" was riddled with bugs and problems that it took Matrix over a year in many cases to patch! I will not support matrix with that type of money grab self-righteous attitude.

LitFuel -> RE: No blood patches... (6/7/2014 7:16:35 PM)

I agree with the blood, it was a helpful tool not just a visual extra. As these releases go further with the new engine I hope they don't slowly strip it of all the little things that made CC what it is.

fmj...buy it now then, problem solved. Small team working on this and though it might not seem it to you they put a lot of work into it even though it's an old engine. I don't mind paying one last time to keep this series going and then we'll see what the new ones bring.

Shorker -> RE: No blood patches... (6/7/2014 9:59:42 PM)

I second Adam's request.

Conrad mana -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 9:14:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adam106

So far I'm liking Gateway To Caen. Having not played PITF, the new battlegroup screen will take some getting used. Love the new sounds and voices.

One question though - were has all the blood and gore gone? When soldiers are wounded / killed we don't get the classic CC red puddle. Admittedly sometimes the effect was a little over done when large numbers fell in close proximity, but to honest it was a quick and easy visual reference for casualty numbers. It's now kind of hard to tell at first glance whether a solider is live or dead. Can we have it back as an option?

The red blood has been removed because we felt it didn't fit our approach to a more realistic combat experience.
From a large distance you'll never be able to see highly saturated blood pools as in the previous releases.

Also in combat you won't always be able to tell who is dead or allive (fog of war)

Nevertheless I understand your point and that many classic CC players would like to see the old blood again.
If the plead grows I'll create an addon which adds the blood back in.

Renato -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 9:34:06 AM)

I second Adam's request, in particular to distinguish the living from the dead.

Adam106 -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 10:09:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Conrad mana

quote:

The red blood has been removed because we felt it didn't fit our approach to a more realistic combat experience.
From a large distance you'll never be able to see highly saturated blood pools as in the previous releases.

Also in combat you won't always be able to tell who is dead or allive (fog of war)

Nevertheless I understand your point and that many classic CC players would like to see the old blood again.

I've been playing a bit more today. Whilst I recognize and agree that it's more realistic without the blood, it's actually very very difficult to tell if a unit is taking casualties. You have to mouse over and read the team info display. Too much work for the quick pace of real time. Maybe you could tone down the blood amount as a compromise.

Hexagon -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 10:19:24 AM)

Well, as i say in beta, blood needs be an optional thing who wants blood have it.

The problem is for me in the lack of an extra zoom level to play with no blood... is not easy know who is alive and who is dead with the actual level of zoom even using a reduced resolution 1280x1024

Teams... well, i prefer bigger teams but nothing that i cant solve editing Teams files maybe i am waiting the workbook for UK troops, looks like PITF workbooks works ok in GTC

Napoleon15 -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 11:32:43 AM)

I've always felt that the blood puddles serve as a rather grim reminder of your failures on the battlefield, getting to see all those bloody corpses belonging to a squad you've shepherded safely through a campaign up until now, because you didn't suppress that MG42 properly. It's pretty in keeping with the CC series' focus on small unit actions and individual soldiers, IMO, and kind of disappointing to hear it's been removed.

chemkid -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 12:09:34 PM)

LitFuel -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 3:52:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

I wish you guys would poll us first before making choices like this...please add it back in or create add-on. Realistic is blood in war...first and foremost it's still a game and it helps make it more playable not just visual; it should be kept in.

mooxe -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 4:33:25 PM)

quote:

I don't think fog of war is a good justification. I can tell by clicking on a team who is dead or wounded, and who is out of ammo. Plus any number of other details. I can even see who is wounded in an enemy tank. The only fog of war that should be presented is the location of enemy troops, and the details of those teams.

Other games have gore settings, like Red Orchestra. You have a few settings that go from no gore, to full gore. Full gore is bloody with body parts everywhere. So adding an on/off switch for blood wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Tejszd -> RE: No blood patches... (6/8/2014 7:50:32 PM)

My preference would be some blood (maybe less than before but some especially to get you to care more for own soldiers).

There is at least 1 mod for an older CC version that removed the heads on the battle screen so that you could not know for sure how many casualties an enemy team has taken (unfortunately it also removes the heads for own teams too as images are common to both sides).

Overall the game should have more Option on/off that affect the realistic rating.
- don't show enemy team names
- don't show enemy casualties/heads
- don't show enemy morale bar
- etc.

incrediblestone -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 4:58:39 AM)

quote:

seconded

SU1941 -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 5:23:30 AM)

Please bring back the blood - it is so hard to find out who is dead or not dead - and it is even more realistic!

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 8:40:28 AM)

I believe that they have delete the blood by one symple reason. Without blood the game will be sold for most of the ages.

If you want the blood, you can edit the game by yourself.

goodwoodrw -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 9:45:51 AM)

If there is a desire for blood to see whats going on, lets have a more zoomable map

Kanov -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 5:40:41 PM)

Can't you just replace the soldier sprite file from GtC for the one in PitF?

LitFuel -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 6:06:55 PM)

Easy for you to say about doing it ourselves..most of us don't know how nor should have to. If they keep taking out things that were in the game to begin with then eventually it becomes something other then close combat..thats when I stop buying.They need to worry more about the AI and stop removing things.

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 6:19:17 PM)

I can not say if it can give any problem but the file with the sprites from panthers in the fog runs at Gatheway to Caen and it shows the blood.
[image]http://firefoxccmods.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/CCE_2014-06-09_20-17-12-46.jpg[/image]
I do not think that it changes the color from uniforms because the uniforms colors are controlled by one file in the base folder.

Kanov -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 6:28:26 PM)

[;)]

Cathartes -> RE: No blood patches... (6/9/2014 6:40:07 PM)

Yes, you can easily switch them out and get blood. The soldiers will look a bit different as Conrad made some changes, but will work for you.

In the meantime, spoke with Conrad and he's looking into a solution/download for all (and maybe it can also be implemented through Steam) for those that want blood sprites. Stay tuned.

topper6 -> RE: No blood patches... (6/14/2014 11:02:55 AM)

I agree to that it is kinda hard atm to see clearly which Soldiers are alive and dead.

ccguy -> RE: No blood patches... (6/14/2014 12:29:09 PM)

Could you share the blood file for those of us who don't have PitF?

CGGrognard -> RE: No blood patches... (6/14/2014 2:43:29 PM)

If you get a targeting circle with the "fire" order, then there are soldiers that are still alive and therefore can be dispatched. However if no circle appears, then all soldiers have been dispatched. Also, if your troops on "defend", have LOS, within range and are NOT firing, then the enemy has been dispatched.
I'm not certain how the game deals with the wounded in this situation.

LitFuel -> RE: No blood patches... (6/15/2014 3:33:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

If you get a targeting circle with the "fire" order, then there are soldiers that are still alive and therefore can be dispatched. However if no circle appears, then all soldiers have been dispatched. Also, if your troops on "defend", have LOS, within range and are NOT firing, then the enemy has been dispatched.
I'm not certain how the game deals with the wounded in this situation.

Yes thats one way but obviously not ideal. They really need to add the blood back in, it's rather discouraging to see things that worked fine all this time be taken out on a whim. It's not just a visible cue to who is dead but also gives you an indication of how you are doing during the battles...a quick visual aid to see if tactics are working. Not to mention it adds a little more personal connection to your little guys fighting. I mean if the reasoning was you shouldn't see that from the view point we have then I could add a ton of other things we shouldn't see as well so that really makes no sense. Please work on a patch for this.

jpanzer -> RE: No blood patches... (6/17/2014 1:27:05 AM)

Blood for the Blood gods! But yeah, for sure, bring back Das Blut! Good easy visual reference, and who the fudging heck cares if theres a rating issue? Seriously its CLOSE COMBAT not Pretty Pony Love Farm. so, yes again, BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!!

newts2339 -> RE: No blood patches... (6/17/2014 1:54:45 AM)

I tried switching them out and got an error message. So went back to original ones.

STIENER -> RE: No blood patches... (6/17/2014 5:33:53 AM)

put the blood back in.

Pvt_Grunt -> RE: No blood patches... (6/19/2014 8:53:26 AM)

[:'(]

[image]local://upfiles/24039/6F661EAF698746D5B2854B3C62A69DA4.jpg[/image]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI