TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen

Shorker -> TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/7/2014 10:19:22 PM)

"Gateway to Caen" is is the seventh Close Combat title now and tanks still can't drive backwards...

AEFF1Tampa -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/8/2014 12:07:37 AM)

I know. Really?

Rosseau -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/8/2014 12:11:48 AM)

I thought they had fixed that. Something about using Sneak order? I remember being able to go into reverse but only for short distance.

mooxe -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/8/2014 1:02:02 AM)

Tanks only move backwards on the move command. A move fast command will make them turn around. They will move backwards over 100m if you move them. You can also move them backwards through multiple waypoints.

TIK -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/8/2014 8:27:27 AM)

I can confirm, they can go backwards with the Move command.

Hexagon -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/8/2014 10:22:11 AM)

But you need a move command at certain distance... a short backward movement is hard to controlate.

Its me or tanks move in a very strange way??? a simple move in line order finish with tank doing very strange things... i dont remember this problems in beta.

CGGrognard -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/8/2014 3:38:35 PM)

I've noticed in SP battles, that once my tanks reach their destination, they'll start to rotate. I'm not certain if it's the programming making a decision that the tank needs to be turned towards perceived threats, or that it's trying to determine the best facing with multiple threats.

Miro -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/8/2014 4:31:26 PM)

Combat Mission has order "reverse". It functions very well.

HunterICX -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/12/2014 11:14:36 AM)

Likewise, I use the move or sneak command and draw a path behind them to have them reverse out of a position.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: TANKS STILL CAN'T DRIVE BACKWARDS? (6/14/2014 11:50:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miro

Combat Mission has order "reverse". It functions very well.

CM reverse order works well, but just moving forwards along a road can create all kinds of CM chaos in my experience. I'm yet to find a game that handles this well. Achtung Pz, once you understand the UI, probably does it best.

IIRC, CM1 actually had a hull down order. All games seem to have abandoned that fundamental tank command.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI