Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

KEBW1144 -> Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (6/9/2014 12:25:13 AM)

This mod is a good amount of my own work and a collection of various other people that have posted in this forum. Most of what I am posting now is my own but if you see any of your own here I would be happy to name you or remove if you so wish.

Download Here!!
Stuff & Bits mod

Big thanks to
- Sirian for his excellent Eve Component mod, and Character icons and messages mod that I included in this one.
- Martian for his Gem mod (I made alot of stuff to go with his mod)
- Tyrador for his prothean cycle mod got alot of ideas from what he did, though I think I replaced most of his stuff
- DAS123 I got alot of my ideas from what he did with his mod as well as the sizes for the icons thanks for that

Usage
If anyone wishes to use any of the work that I have done feel free you don't need to pm or ask me just don't try to claim it as your own. Just remember to ask Sirian or the others for permission with their work as well.

- New Cursors
- Replaced alot of the the stuff from gem mod should almost all be gone now
- Plague Icons redone
- The whole UI should be completely replaced, (by me and alot of stuff from the GEM mod)
- Messages too
- Character badges updated
- Planets come mainly from several mods with a couple from me, (mainly continental), and all have been replaced
- All Facility Pictures replaced
- All new Planetary Landscapes
- All new resource icons
- Eve component mod included
- and probably other stuff I have forgot to mention

Enjoy Cheers!

[image]local://upfiles/40515/5150B3F7062E4BADBCA49AC3A8EE0B23.jpg[/image]

KEBW1144 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (6/9/2014 12:28:19 AM)

Some More Screens

[image]local://upfiles/40515/B2ED1387DCA24F3D979C6A195C6E1E46.jpg[/image]

Franky007 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (6/9/2014 2:39:08 AM)

Some great images here.

Thanks.
[;)]

RICO7878 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (6/9/2014 3:12:20 AM)

Agree, great stuff and will def use! Thanks!

Sirian -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (6/9/2014 11:56:22 AM)

Hi!

I see several familiar images here. So I checked and found that you used my resources, components, character icons and messages icons in your mod. Usually this is no problem, I am happy to see my icons being distributed. I want to make other peoples DW experience better.

But, please, since I even wrote it into the first post of the components mod:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sirian
Should anyone want to include this mod in a mod compilation, you are allowed to do so, just do not alter the icons (except for renaming the files) and include my name in the credits somewhere. I would also like to be informed on such an occasion by forum PM.

Just include my name somwhere in your post. As you might know by now, a lot of work goes into making items and a lot more if you want to make it right. So I think I do deserve proper credit. And besides, its a form of politeness.

Don't get me wrong, I feel honored that you use my icons and even include them into your compilation. You have my blessings to do so. All I want is one little line somewhere with my name. Nothing more.

That being said, I looked at your planet landscape and facility images. I really like them, I think I'll giove these icons a try.

Regards, Sirian

KEBW1144 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (6/9/2014 5:18:14 PM)

quote:

Hi!

I see several familiar images here. So I checked and found that you used my resources, components, character icons and messages icons in your mod. Usually this is no problem, I am happy to see my icons being distributed. I want to make other peoples DW experience better.

But, please, since I even wrote it into the first post of the components mod:

quote:

Should anyone want to include this mod in a mod compilation, you are allowed to do so, just do not alter the icons (except for renaming the files) and include my name in the credits somewhere. I would also like to be informed on such an occasion by forum PM.

Just include my name somwhere in your post. As you might know by now, a lot of work goes into making items and a lot more if you want to make it right. So I think I do deserve proper credit. And besides, its a form of politeness.

Don't get me wrong, I feel honored that you use my icons and even include them into your compilation. You have my blessings to do so. All I want is one little line somewhere with my name. Nothing more.

That being said, I looked at your planet landscape and facility images. I really like them, I think I'll giove these icons a try.

Regards, Sirian

Sure sorry for that I got your name at the top of the post. A bit of laziness on my part, to be sure, I never really read that in your post. Appreciate the civility. Haha I also finally realized where some of those character icons came from and the messages as well. I have had those things for so long that I forgot where they came from I added them to the list as well. Thanks again and nice work.

Enjoy Cheers!

Sirian -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (6/9/2014 6:51:35 PM)

Thanks, KEBW1144. And no one really needs to ask me. Its ok to distribute the icons, I made them and I shared them. Just a mention would be nice and polite. I know how icons tend to pile up in ones "downloaded from the internet from who knows where" When I made the ship mod, I also used several icons where I absolutely didn't know anymore where they came from.

Regards, Sirian

KEBW1144 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (7/10/2014 5:50:49 AM)

Updated with alot of new stuff made by me.

Fishers of Men -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (7/10/2014 4:41:16 PM)

I am enjoying the landscape and message images.

fruitgnome -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (7/25/2014 10:02:46 AM)

I like your ui chrome mod a lot! THX!
It would be great if you would change also the icons on the left side (they are GEM now, I think) to your design.

Yeah, my tenth post :)

KEBW1144 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/3/2014 4:35:13 PM)

Updated with more stuff and added a few more screens. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!

Blackstork -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/3/2014 4:44:23 PM)

I really like your planet landscape and surface images, if you dont have any objections i could add to Beyond project mod which is currently ongoing WIP mod done by me, with giving credits obcourse
For rest i have alot of own content / or my content matching Das Chrome style, but your work is nice , well done one.

KEBW1144 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/3/2014 4:50:55 PM)

Sure if you want em use em. If you want to edit anything about them I can upload the psd files but only on request. If your interested pm me and I will send you a link to them.

Blackstork -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/3/2014 5:00:59 PM)

No , i dont need PSDs, i just will add them to the Mod Pack :)
thanks

fruitgnome -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/3/2014 7:47:39 PM)

THX SO MUCH 4 THIS "It would be great if you would change also the icons on the left side (they are GEM now, I think) to your design. " Fantastic work!

ParagonExile -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/3/2014 8:01:12 PM)

It's so beautiful ;-;

Nice work! I especially like your planets.

silentdeth -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/4/2014 3:01:25 PM)

The landscapes, facilities, and events look great.

KEBW1144 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/4/2014 3:04:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fruitgnome

THX SO MUCH 4 THIS "It would be great if you would change also the icons on the left side (they are GEM now, I think) to your design. " Fantastic work!

There is basically nothing from Chrome Left.

Blackstork -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/4/2014 3:27:33 PM)

I adding all planets, all surfaces, and some selected landscapes into Beyond project, they will appear in next release as well as your credits on Beyond board.
gj :)

eagleFMJ -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/8/2014 3:01:47 AM)

This mod is awesome, I love everything about it!

silentdeth -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod (8/19/2014 5:51:16 PM)

For the fleet range icons, is only the buttons on the fleet UI changed, or did you also change the fleet range map overlay?

Cotillion -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (9/21/2014 12:32:09 AM)

I just can't get the game to recognize this mod no matter what I do. I download it, place it in the Customization folder, load the game, select it as the theme, head into game, and then nothing. No UI changes, no ship design/component changes, nothing. Can anyone running the latest Steam version confirm this mod is working for you???

JasmoVT -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (9/22/2014 6:55:14 PM)

Any chance of putting this file somewhere else. I have tried a dozen times over 24 hours to download from Google and just keep getting "Too many people have downloaded this file, come back latter"

KEBW1144 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (9/23/2014 5:50:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JasmoVT

Any chance of putting this file somewhere else. I have tried a dozen times over 24 hours to download from Google and just keep getting "Too many people have downloaded this file, come back latter"

Uploaded to mediafire, just click the download link it should be working just fine.

Cheers!

Chet Guiles -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (10/26/2014 4:39:36 AM)

Do you have this material in a zip file. Vista does not want to unpack a "rar" file and I am reluctant to buy a special program like winzip just to do this one job. Your mods look awesome, but if there was a standard windows zipped format it would be great.

Thanks.

Bingeling -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (10/26/2014 7:13:25 AM)

Do yourself a favor and get 7-zip.

http://www.7-zip.org/

rxnnxs -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (10/27/2014 6:41:14 PM)

i like those additions very much.
not all of them (the cursors for instance) but mostly the rest looks really really great.
but i have a problem and that has nothing to do with your pics (or those from the modders and contributors).
its i think a problem of the game itself.
all the "show travel vectors" and so on buttons are not taken out from the folder.
i have the pictures placed in the folder. for instance the scenery.png
it is not working. any one knows how to get the right image working?

nevermind, now it is working. i had to reload the gamne and also i removed the (too big in my eyes) cursors.
then it worked. it looks lovely!

Chet Guiles -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (10/28/2014 3:13:09 AM)

Great stuff. I think I have almost all of it installed and it really adds nice touches to the game! Thanks.

Reloader62 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (10/1/2015 9:53:13 PM)

Hi,
Sorry for the question on a topic from last year, but does this mod need a new game to work.
I cant seem to get it to work. I copied-pasted the images into the original game but no change to ui ?

Any help appreciated

Seraph86 -> RE: Stuff & Bits UI mod Updated (8/3) (1/8/2016 2:40:30 PM)

you must copy the files in their respective folders (ui & environment) in a customization sub-folder (called stuff & bits UI or whatever you fancy) AND THEN press on "change theme" on the start menue and select the mod.

i perosnally mainly use icemanias ai improvement mod (extended version with haree78's new races) as the base mod folder and then copy & overwrite the things i want changed in the "image" folder of the icemania mod folder. this way you can basically use one main conversion / overhaul / balance mod + x number of cosmetic mods :).

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI