Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

warzer -> Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/16/2014 8:18:53 PM)

I have been playing this one game for about 4 days. I am noticing 100's if not 1000's of independent ships standing around not doing anything ever. That is only what i can see. I am guessing by this time there are 1000's of assets just taking up memory and slowing down my game and causing occasional crashes.

Is there any way to clean up a save file to restore performance? Any way to mass remove all these independent ships?

pycco -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/16/2014 9:11:38 PM)

attack them, board them, use the editor. they are pirate freighters

warzer -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/16/2014 9:14:49 PM)

whats a good way to attack them? like i said there are 100's-1000's. Individual clicking is taking way to long as i tried that first. Any way to declare war on independents so my stations can just obliterate them? I tried the erase tool but accidently deleted the station and world they were on as clicking so fast to clear them.

If i could get aoe's to work that might be effective but my ships don't want to use them on them.

pycco -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/16/2014 9:17:58 PM)

i would use the editor if i were you, other wise you have to right click on each ship individually and attack it.

as for area weapons use one ship to do this they wont fire with friendly's in the blast radius.

if you have ship scanners they will fire on them after detecting that they are pirate vessels.

Tehlongone -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/16/2014 10:11:51 PM)

What happens to the freighters if the pirate faction that owns them gets destroyed? They turn truly independent or are disbanded?

ByTheNumbers -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/16/2014 10:47:42 PM)

I'm not certain, Tehlongone, but I believe they become abandoned. I say this because as my games become mature, I end up randomly finding "abandoned" civilian ships with the choice of taking them or leaving them. I assume they come from disbanded pirate factions.

warzer -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/17/2014 6:49:41 AM)

Sadly in my case they are just stuck escaping or some other action yet they never move. I have scanners on all my ships and they still show independent. I will have to take a closer look. I removed several 100 today but it did not seem to speed up the game any. my save file actually got bigger sitting at 115mb per save now. It was 113 before i deleted all those stuck ships.

RedvsBlue12 -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/17/2014 5:40:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warzer

I removed several 100 today but it did not seem to speed up the game any. my save file actually got bigger sitting at 115mb per save now. It was 113 before i deleted all those stuck ships.

Delete one ship, two more shall take it's place!

Tormodino -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/17/2014 6:40:03 PM)

I have had the same experience. Hundreds of independent ships littering systems all over the place. Perhaps the private sector as well as the pirates should have a lowered threshold for scrapping excessive number of freighters?

tjhkkr -> RE: Any way to clean up objects in a long game? (6/18/2014 1:58:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tehlongone
What happens to the freighters if the pirate faction that owns them gets destroyed? They turn truly independent or are disbanded?

I know that construction ships are abandoned, and I think that is the fate of freighters too... you can take them over.
I am not sure what happens to undamaged pirate warships.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI