Book I found in the library ,"Death Traps". (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Banjo -> Book I found in the library ,"Death Traps". (3/20/2001 9:01:00 AM)

While trying to contain myself awaiting the arrival ov 5.o, I went to the library tonight for some light reading material. I found a book entitled, "Death Trap", by Belton Y. Cooper. Mr. Cooper was an ordinance officer with the 3rd armor div. during ww2. He was responsible for coordinating the recovery and repair of damaged american tanks. I have only read a dozen pages or so into it, but this so far gives a great account of an often ignored facet of armored combat. Want to see armored combat up and close, and it's aftermath, here it is. Death Traps by Belton Y. Cooper Presidio Press www.presidiopress.com Thats all for now. Back to the book, and then to bed. Come on 5.0!!!!

Kluckenbill -> (3/20/2001 10:43:00 AM)

I've read it, it is an excellent book. Cooper has also made a lot of guest appearances on documentaries, where he appears to be very reasoned and intelligable.

Wild Bill -> (3/20/2001 12:58:00 PM)

A frank look at the life of a tanker and how soon it could be over. There is some great scenario material in here. For the historian too it is a must..Wild Bill

Grumble -> (3/20/2001 11:51:00 PM)

Some excellent revelations in that book, such as the fact the Armor School was shut down (!) for some time, and related to that, totally untrained replacements were collared to be tank crewmen. There's an equivalent book from the British perspective: "Death by Design" by Peter Beale, available on Amazon. Not as good a read as Death Traps, but interesting for historians.

BruceAZ -> (3/21/2001 8:48:00 AM)

Excellent book Banjo. Thanks for the heads up! :p

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI