Speeds (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Omar.N.Bradley -> Speeds (5/7/2000 7:02:00 PM)

Hi, I have one thing that has been on my mind for some time know. How come that Armored Cars, Jeeps and Trucks can have lower speeds than Tanks. Because they should be faster on roads. They both pay the same movment cost on roads ,but not in the open. So they really should be a lot faster on roads. Well now i have sad my word. Itīs a great game you Guys are doing for us Wargamers, keep up the good work. Bye Omar.N.Bradley

Paul Vebber -> (5/7/2000 8:05:00 PM)

Not sure what you are referencing, IN most cases in SP:WaW Aarmored cars have 25-35 MPs, Trucks ~20 and tanks 10-20. Different classes pay different costs in different terrain. Even on roads, in reality trucks operate in convoys and if they can make 20mph "speed made good" you are doing well. We haven't dealt with "convoys" though...

Omar.N.Bradley -> (5/8/2000 1:30:00 AM)

Hi, Thanks for that answer it was good to here that the speed are like i want them to be. In SP1 Trucks had 15 in speed i think and some tanks had even more. One of the fastest tanks in the war was the M-18 Hellcat around 72-75 km/h making move 23-25 in SP1. About Truck convoys you are right they move slow and you have to remember that itīs a war going on out there and you have to be cautios. Tanks for the fast answer i believe and know that your support will be very good. Bye Omar.N.Bradley

Wild Bill -> (5/8/2000 12:09:00 PM)

Scenario designers can certainly have a convoy effect, Omar by modifying the speed of vehicles, lowering in the design phase. I do this sometimes with tanks accompanying infantry so they don't run off and leave them. Always moving at max speed is unrealistic anyway. I'm glad we don't have to buy engines for these gas-guzzlers! Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI