Character General (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Efaferal -> Character General (6/19/2014 2:50:19 PM)

Last night I attacked a pirate base and due to overwhelming odds I pulled the general off to safety.
I later dropped more troops to join the attack.
Then I dropped the General back onto the planet. The general promptly joined the defending side and due to the defeat of the pirates was killed.

a) Was this a normal possibility?
b) The game went CTD shortly after- I suspect the general was not deleted properly at his demise because he was killed along with the enemy force ( as opposed to dying while in my camp ). I will post crash log when I return home tonight.

Nanaki -> RE: Character General (6/19/2014 3:30:42 PM)

It is 'normal' because pirate facility attacks are extremely bugged at the moment, for some odd reason the attacking empire is considered the 'defender' in terms of interacting with planets while a pirate base attack is going on. Infact, if you had empty troop transports you would have been able to pick up the pirate raiders off the planet.

Vardis -> RE: Character General (6/20/2014 3:47:45 AM)

I was wondering why a Colony Administrator I'd sent to a planet died when I took out a pirate base. Guess that explains it...

Efaferal -> RE: Character General (6/20/2014 5:47:18 PM)

ahh good info thanks.

That explains the battle sequence better. There were other 'difficulties' I had experienced that I did not document here related to my "evacuation at Dunkirk".

Well I guess I am eagerly awaiting the next update.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI