Suggestion for Minehunting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Beagle -> Suggestion for Minehunting (6/28/2014 12:20:49 AM)

Hi Devs,

Is it possible to add a new line to the "message log" checkbox to allow a pop-up box when a mine is detected. I tend to like knowing if my vessels are being effective in their hunting and at the moment it’s hard to know when they have picked up a mine without constantly unit watching.

I would also like to suggest a more realistic mine mechanical and influence sweeping model as it appears to be luck of the draw if a mine hits the triangle at the ship end or the far end.

When mechanical sweeping the mines should only explode when they pass through the far end of the triangle, as the cutters are usually installed on or near the wire between the two trailing two floats to ensure the explosion occurs a certain distance away from the vessel.

For influence sweeping a circle of “influence” towed behind the ship would be a better representation, with any mine entering this influence zone detonating.

Dimitris -> RE: Suggestion for Minehunting (8/16/2014 11:43:17 AM)

Thanks, logged.

jodi319 -> RE: Suggestion for Minehunting (2/11/2015 5:40:31 PM)

Hi Beagle & Sunburn

I am very much interested in learning more on MCM & specifically MCM within CMANO.
Are there any video illustrating what Beagle is suggesting?
I wanna get a sense of Mechanical and influence mine-sweeping.

Thx

RoccoNZ -> RE: Suggestion for Minehunting (2/13/2015 2:38:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Thanks, logged.

If you're looking at making some changes to this, can I suggest that the "New Contact" alerts be made more granular - perhaps check boxes for air, surface, sub-surface and mines?

Dimitris -> RE: Suggestion for Minehunting (2/13/2015 5:53:30 AM)

We already have a separate category for mine contacts.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI