In-game music (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

GreenGoblin1898 -> In-game music (6/30/2014 12:29:48 PM)

Anyone else find the in-game music overly dramatic and repetitive? Games like this need unobtrusive music and lots of it so you don't hear the same thing looping every two minutes. If it's expensive to commission original compositions, there's loads of public domain music out there which can be used for free.

morvael -> RE: In-game music (6/30/2014 12:43:27 PM)

Just turn it off. I do that in every computer wargame, just after watching intro :) Play something that you like, using your system's music player.

GreenGoblin1898 -> RE: In-game music (6/30/2014 1:36:34 PM)

Yeah I've already done that. Just wondering why developers don't get annoyed themselves by hearing an endless loop.

morvael -> RE: In-game music (6/30/2014 1:54:39 PM)

I'd be OK with wargames having no music at all, but I guess every game nowadays must come with some kind of music included. Obviously only the AAA blockbusters can afford to include 60+ minutes of pretty music. Still, that will also get boring after some time, especially when playing a game as long as I play WitE.

hfarrish -> RE: In-game music (6/30/2014 6:28:49 PM)

-

carlkay58 -> RE: In-game music (6/30/2014 10:01:19 PM)

I usually operate my computer with the sound turned off anyways. I would rather listen to my own music than someone else's choice.

GreenGoblin1898 -> RE: In-game music (7/1/2014 2:53:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hfarrish

I'm probably in the minority that wishes that developers would take a bit more time on this aspect - for example, a big part of what made EU II great was the fantastic, historical soundtrack. Yes, we can all do this ourselves but a bit of attention to detail here can go a long way in creating a unique experience. Just my two cents.

Yup, I don't think EUII's soundtrack has been matched by any strategy/wargame since.

Joel Billings -> RE: In-game music (7/3/2014 6:36:58 PM)

FYI, you could mod the end of the witesounfxconfig.txt file in the /dat directory and add or remove music pieces from the list. The pieces need to be in the /dat/sound directory. I don't remember the details of how it works, but I don't think it would be hard to experiment and add new music. The basic answer as most of you already know is that we can't afford to spend a lot of money on a music score.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI