A little help Chickenboy welcome (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

AW1Steve -> A little help Chickenboy welcome (7/1/2014 6:07:10 PM)

I probably don't really need help....as he's smashed me rather badly , having a 5 to 1 victory point lead , and is only 2 months from an auto victory. But he's driving me nuts by asking for help (this is his 4th or 5th time) when he obviously doesn't need it. But what I COULD use is a little help in some psychological warfare! [:D] So if you guys could do me a great kindness , just post something , anything here. And do it frequently! Hell, tell "why did the chickenboy cross the road" jokes or something. [:D] Thanks guys, I really , really appreciate your help. [:D][&o]

Lokasenna -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 6:24:07 PM)

I heard he has feathers.

mind_messing -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 6:27:01 PM)

Boost the funding for those boys at Los Alamos.

DOCUP -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 6:34:17 PM)

Ok Steve I will think of something and post it later.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 7:03:05 PM)

Why did you agree to no-bombing HRs? (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Lecivius -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 7:41:13 PM)

put a virus in the next save? [:'(]

HansBolter -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 7:43:18 PM)

Scenario 2 is easy mode for the Japanese player and should never be agreed to by an Allied player without heavy house rules in the Allies favor.

That being said I will gladly help any Allied player who has gotten himself into that kind of a mess.

I'll post here as often as I can.

AW1Steve -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 8:21:29 PM)

Thanks guys. Let me explain. Andre wanted to test out some theories he had, and I agreed to help. Also , I've always believed that you learn more from your defeats than victories , so I felt if I could do well here , I could pretty much hold my own with most players (as a AFB). I kinda of consider this a graduation exercise before I try playing as the Japanese. So I agreed to playing under these conditions 1) to help Andre out and 2) to "make it suck as much as I could" (to paraphrase some of my "grunt" type friends). The biggest problem is sometimes Andre forgets (ok...generally he forgets) that this is an experiment and starts to do his "I'm a evil genius dance " and chortle , trash talk and in general become a bit of a pain.

So I'm really not COMPLETELY insane (just mostly).

Thanks for help in giving him a little of his own back! [:D][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 8:26:44 PM)

Steve, I give you a ton of credit for completely fooling me on this one! [sm=00000436.gif] [:D]

Grollub -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 8:36:04 PM)

Ganging up on Chickenbot? I'm game! [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/18375/041D5AB46DDF4FB7A693BB721D56881B.jpg[/image]

nashvillen -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 8:49:00 PM)

Oh, I am liking this...

jcjordan -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 8:51:31 PM)

Alls fair in love & war & your back's against the wall - bomb the **** out of him!!! If the Allies were truly in the situation they would be doing just as the IJ did when the Allied had them by the nuts in 44-45. I'd say he needs a "curve ball" thrown at him to brush him back from the plate [:'(]

AW1Steve -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 8:59:45 PM)

CENSORED by the high command![:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 9:01:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

put a virus in the next save? [:'(]

I LIKE it! It's not fair , and I won't do it , but I really, really like it! Maybe it will have a jolly rodger logo and blow up his mothership? [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 9:01:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Scenario 2 is easy mode for the Japanese player and should never be agreed to by an Allied player without heavy house rules in the Allies favor.

That being said I will gladly help any Allied player who has gotten himself into that kind of a mess.

I'll post here as often as I can.

Thanks Hans![&o] I appreciate the advice . [:)]

AW1Steve -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 9:03:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Ganging up on Chickenbot? I'm game! [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/18375/041D5AB46DDF4FB7A693BB721D56881B.jpg[/image]

This is great! (I keep threatening to get a Mawcaw to keep my spouses cat in order....where can I get a eagle? ) [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 9:06:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Alls fair in love & war & your back's against the wall - bomb the **** out of him!!! If the Allies were truly in the situation they would be doing just as the IJ did when the Allied had them by the nuts in 44-45. I'd say he needs a "curve ball" thrown at him to brush him back from the plate [:'(]

On Jan 1 , 1943 I can start strategic bombing.....

In the mean while I keep harassing him. He takes an atoll, builds it up and makes it pretty. I send in a regiment , that kills everyone and trashes the place , then I run up the flag , salute it , and leave. Then he'll come back with new troops , fix the place up again....then guess what I do? The same thing...rinse repeat, rinse repeat! He's GOT to be tired of this little game. [:D]

Grollub -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 9:27:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Andre has pretty much taken China , but I've evacuated a pretty big cadre of the Chinese air force , as well as those Chinese units that some people call "The Stillwell divisions". He was able to grab Ceylon , and PM , as well as Noumeau. He grabbed them in March or before , there really was nothing I could do to stop him. And he did the usual "Chickenboy gambit" , of ignoring PH and throwing everything at the PI. As a result , I have all of my battleships , all CV's (although Wasp is in Suva , she took 3 torpedoes from a sub, but she's down to 50% hull, 23% engine. Her airgroup is pristine . And except for those ships in the PI , the USN is intact. the RN , RAN, RNZN and the Dutch fleet are pretty well gone. I often make the joke in my "Sir Robin" strategy that "I'll fight to the last Englishman, Dutchman or Australian". You can ad Chinese. They're pretty well gone.

But the US forces are doing well , and I have a very toughly fortified line from Christmas Is to Suva. LOTS of LBA , subs , a division or more of infantry on every island , and each port is stuffed with AKE/AE's and AO's ready to support my CV's and BB's , which are hiding behind the islands. LOTS of PBY and Maritime patrol planes , with sub picket lines , and PC picket lines. He can't come any where near the line without running into a firestorm. And THEN my CV's will play short stop.

Andre say's he's not going to accept the auto victory. If that's the case , then I feel time is on my side. It's late October 1942. And I have 5 of my CV's untouched , with one other that will soon be able to join the fleet. In 6 months I'll have Hellcats , Corsairs, several CVL's and the 1st couple of Essex class. Not to mention working torpedo's for my subs.

What to you think guys , can I come back? [&:]

Looks to me like you're doing good!

ETA; ... with that said, try to make sure you keep your remaining CVs out of harms way so you can make full use of the Hellcat/Essex turning point.

RogerJNeilson -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 9:51:05 PM)

I have nothing to say on this matter, but happy to pretend I have something to say.......

DanSez -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 10:06:06 PM)

I should follow the lead of the elders...

never mind
droid out

rook749 -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 10:31:24 PM)

Pull the Carriers back to under massive fighter cover and wait for the Hellcats and the Essex. The hit him hard on a narrow front and when the KB reacts attack everywhere it can't get to.

nashvillen -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 11:33:52 PM)

Adding to the post count.

Grollub -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/1/2014 11:41:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Adding to the post count.

Good move. [sm=happy0065.gif]

witpqs -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/2/2014 12:33:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

I have nothing to say on this matter, but happy to pretend I have something to say.......

Well, I have even less to say, so I won't post at all. Doh!

Gaspote -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/2/2014 1:09:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

I don't post because I have nothing to say, you should take me as example ... oh wait a minute [sm=00000280.gif]

nashvillen -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/2/2014 1:37:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gaspote

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

I don't post because I have nothing to say, you should take me as example ... oh wait a minute [sm=00000280.gif]

I think you are going about this the wrong way. You should haul fuel first, then oil.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/2/2014 4:38:56 AM)

Well, I say give it a go. You'll have an excuse if you lose. However, if you pull a GreyJoy, your name will become the stuff of legend.

Oh, and let me add to the count.

Cheers,
CC

CaptDave -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/2/2014 4:45:00 AM)

Always happy to assist an AFB.

If I ever get my brother to get AE (I gave his son WitP for Christmas many years ago, now it belongs to my brother) I'd be willing to try the Japanese side since he'd be brand-new to wargaming at all, aside from an old Apple IIc submarine game. In nearly a lifetime of wargaming, though, I've found it almost impossible to mentally engage the "wrong" side.

HansBolter -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/2/2014 11:10:27 AM)

This morning's obligatory post count increase........

Itdepends -> RE: A little help ...No Chickenboy (7/2/2014 11:57:08 AM)

In an effort to help the post count.

Please disregard this post.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI