Also getting update error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

TykeAbroad -> Also getting update error (7/2/2014 7:48:39 PM)

Hi,

just loaded the game onto my new PC (windows 8) and gone to do an update and at end of update after the file is downloaded get told the update failed.

Have tried replacing the updater files as per the 'updater fix' thread from 25th April; but fist thing that happens when starting the update is that the updater files are updated; so not sure if that scuppers it or not

I didn't have any problems on my windows 7 PC.

Courtenay -> RE: Also getting update error (7/2/2014 9:09:09 PM)

You can do the update by hand. Go to the matrix games website:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/296/downloads/World.In.Flames

and download the patch.

Shut down everything, and restart your computer. (No, I am not kidding. There may be some WiF background processes that you have to stop; restarting your computer is the most certain way of doing that.)

Run the download. It might say that you are up to date; ignore that, and tell the updater to proceed. It will update you, and you should find yourself running the current version.

If you are registered with Matrix, you can get the public beta download, and do the same thing. See the top post in the World in Flames forum for the location of the download.

paulderynck -> RE: Also getting update error (7/2/2014 10:50:18 PM)

When this has been reported before, it often turned out to be anti-virus software that caused the failure.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Also getting update error (7/5/2014 2:13:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TykeAbroad

Hi,

just loaded the game onto my new PC (windows 8) and gone to do an update and at end of update after the file is downloaded get told the update failed.

Have tried replacing the updater files as per the 'updater fix' thread from 25th April; but fist thing that happens when starting the update is that the updater files are updated; so not sure if that scuppers it or not

I didn't have any problems on my windows 7 PC.

Most likely this has to do with the software running on your new PC. If you still have this trouble after checking your antivirus software (et al), try contacting customer support.

TykeAbroad -> RE: Also getting update error (7/5/2014 8:17:37 AM)

Hi,

I went and downloaded from the website as suggested and this worked for me.

thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI