3-way Invasion Battles (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

Keston -> 3-way Invasion Battles (7/8/2014 8:46:41 AM)

Had a few with me and an unallied AI separately fighting the AI, also situations in which rebel "independents" or rebel loyalists were fighting. Sometimes I took the planet, sometimes the other force did, in which case the troops appeared to be loaded back to the transports (wonder what happens if the transports are alredy home).

Being first there or being immensely stronger does not seem to determine the result. My hypothesis currently is that the side that actually finishes off the defenders (captures the flag) wins the planet. Depending on how each side gets into the front line, this would seem likely to favor the bigger side to some extent.

johanwanderer -> RE: 3-way Invasion Battles (7/13/2014 6:57:48 AM)

From what I have seen, it looks like planetary battles are always 2-way battles, so you automatically side with the attackers. If the battle were a pirate raid, then your force would become a raiding party as well, and would be instantaneously sent back to the transports as soon as the battle is won, no matter how far the transports are.

As such, being there first (as in the first to land troops) is very important.

Keston -> RE: 3-way Invasion Battles (7/13/2014 7:30:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: johanwanderer

As such, being there first (as in the first to land troops) is very important.

Would have thought so, but I joined an ongoing invasion and ended up with the planet. Had been considering declaring war on the first invader while the battle was in progress, and probably should have saved and tried that scenario.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI