Alt-TAB (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

rockmedic109 -> Alt-TAB (7/8/2014 5:26:40 PM)

Someone mentioned Alt-TABing while running a game causes graphic glitches.

Does it cause any problems beyond temporary ones when going back into the game? I've been Alt-TABing since WITP came out. I've never noticed any lasting problems.

The only problems I've seen are when a window is up in the game and you alt-TAB back, it takes a little longer to come back, and sometimes comes back with an all dark screen {which can be solved by hitting ESC to get out of the window} and sometimes being slow when alt-TABing back to game during a turn {when paused to show combat results}. Faster computers {and possibly more memory} seem to reduce the latter.

I play on a laptop and I've noticed that it seems faster to return when plugged into the wall at home than when I plug into an inverter at work {I work on an ambulance and play AE between calls}. I am assuming that the CPU slows down because it is getting less power from the inverter.

witpqs -> RE: Alt-TAB (7/8/2014 6:13:37 PM)

Here is what I just posted in that other thread:
quote:

This is why I play in windows mode (start 'maximised'). I set the screen resolution so that the Windows task bar is visible at the bottom of the screen. I can just click on other programs, or on AE to change back. Without all the 'full screen' mode stuff that goes on there is no problem switching back and forth.

[image]local://upfiles/14248/4960683804D3459D9642628088F42779.jpg[/image]

rockmedic109 -> RE: Alt-TAB (7/8/2014 6:55:37 PM)

Thanks. I'll give it a try. When widescreen support came out, I was worried that the 1920x1080 screen would make the print and icons too small to see.

witpqs -> RE: Alt-TAB (7/8/2014 7:06:17 PM)

I use the altfont which does help with the type. As far as the icon size goes, that's just dictated by your overall screen settings (not the game) when you are in windowed mode.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI