Refuelling-icon? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

AstroCat -> Refuelling-icon? (7/11/2014 5:42:50 PM)

I've got a colony that doesn't have the icon, any idea why?

quote:

Refuelling

refuelling-icon.png

Refuelling points are locations that are willing to sell fuel to the ships in your empire. This includes all friendly space ports, colonies and gas mining stations that mine a fuel resource. This also includes independent colonies. The location of refuelling points are indicated by a blue circular icon next to the system name when zoomed out to the galaxy level.

Aeson -> RE: Refuelling-icon? (7/11/2014 5:48:55 PM)

There isn't enough fuel available at the location. Either what is there is all reserved, or there isn't any fuel stored at the location. Open the colony details window, go to the cargo tab, and see how much caslon (or hydrogen, if you're using Fusion, HyperFusion, or NovaCore reactors) is stored at the colony.

AstroCat -> RE: Refuelling-icon? (7/12/2014 12:22:48 PM)

I'm using Caslon for most of my ships right now.

Colony has: Caslon 283, Hydrogen: 489

Tcby -> RE: Refuelling-icon? (7/12/2014 12:30:58 PM)

2 things to note:
283 is a small amount.
The flag next to the resource denotes whether it belongs to you or has already been reserved. This small amount may already be reserved by pirates, other empires etc, so make sure to double check that.

AstroCat -> RE: Refuelling-icon? (7/12/2014 3:26:03 PM)

All my empire, nothing reserved. Maybe too low of an amount?

But what's strange is I have system that ships refuel at but don't have the icon.

feelotraveller -> RE: Refuelling-icon? (7/13/2014 4:42:43 AM)

The display of the icon is a bit erratic. Having a decent/large stock of fuel will cause it to appear... eventually (although sometimes it happens almost immediately). It tends to disappear immediately once fuel runs low/is exhausted.

However display of the icon does nothing (at least for the human player, maybe it affects the AI somehow).

I ignore it and check my own fuel stocks for state refueling (the bit I can influence) as having the icon does not guarantee enough fuel for larger refuelings... Also it is sometimes possible to get some fuel (some occasionally = a lot here) [8|] from independents (for example) who do not display the fuel icon.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI