Activation of Generals (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II

BenMilam -> Activation of Generals (7/13/2014 2:19:12 PM)

I see some of my generals are activated and some are not. What does it take to activate a general for offensive action?

Moltke71 -> RE: Activation of Generals (7/13/2014 4:14:41 PM)

Activation depends on his rating in an algorithm the game performs each turn; you have no hand in it.

BenMilam -> RE: Activation of Generals (7/13/2014 6:12:50 PM)

Is it a check every turn or once he is activated, he is activated for remainder of game?

OldSarge -> RE: Activation of Generals (7/13/2014 7:37:59 PM)

It is checked each turn. It can produce some interesting results when your well planned, coordinated operation is brought to a helt due to a lazy corps commander.

Moltke71 -> RE: Activation of Generals (7/14/2014 2:46:03 PM)

Ben,

All of these items are covered in the tutorials and http://www.youtube.com/user/charlesonmission. I grant you the manual could be more helpful.

GamesaurusRex -> RE: Activation of Generals (5/19/2015 2:38:33 AM)

The manual appears to have been written by a committee of 20 different nationalities... none of whom spoke each other's language or English. [:D]

bobarossa -> RE: Activation of Generals (6/4/2015 11:58:23 PM)

I believe the chance of being activated is the general's Strategic rating (1 to 6) divided by 6. General Grant is always activated since his Strategic Rating (the first number in his rating) is a 6 (at least in my game). A Corps commander can have his strategic rating modified due to the rating of his Army Commander. An Army Commander with a Strategic Rating of 3 has no effect. Someone like McClellan (1) will cause his corps commanders to have 2 subtracted from their ratings. Grant will add 3 (I think) to the Corps commanders of his Army. It's amazing how important this is during a game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI