spotting issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

pontiouspilot -> spotting issues (7/16/2014 7:20:23 PM)

We receive written spotting reports at bottom of screen and in Operations Report. We receive the visual spotting results/queues (the goofy binoculars)throughout the combat replay. I personally have the replay setting fairly fast. Do the visual spotting queues and the rolling script at bottom of screen always get reflected in the ultimate Operation Report?
if the answer is no then holy crap a person must slow the replay and take bloody notes!!...or watch it multiple times.

Lokasenna -> RE: spotting issues (7/16/2014 7:57:07 PM)

They do.

Insano -> RE: spotting issues (7/16/2014 9:43:53 PM)

There is an additional report generated that is not accessible from in game. It is the text output of the messages you mention. It is called combat events as opposed to the normal combat report viewable in game. It is generated in the same folder as ops report, sig int, combat report - check it out. This might be what you are wanting.

wdolson -> RE: spotting issues (7/16/2014 10:52:56 PM)

All are in the SAVE directory and are .txt files.

Bill

pontiouspilot -> RE: spotting issues (7/17/2014 2:03:05 AM)

Thank you...I will check that out. This is the 1st I heard of it. Is this widely known and utilized?

btd64 -> RE: spotting issues (7/17/2014 2:35:59 AM)

Yes. Also, Dude, I have no choice but to take notes. Of course the other old farts that play this game will concur. The older you get the more paper you use. It drives my wife nuts. All the sheets of paper lying around with notes about this location and that TF. GP

EHansen -> RE: spotting issues (7/17/2014 3:14:58 AM)

Might I suggest Combat Reporter? It works great for this:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2456864

btd64 -> RE: spotting issues (7/17/2014 1:00:21 PM)

Yeah. Though about that some months ago. But I can look at my notes quickly if need be. I'll look again though...GP

Mac Linehan -> RE: spotting issues (8/1/2014 10:26:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EHansen

Might I suggest Combat Reporter? It works great for this:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2456864

I strongly concur - Combat Reporter organizes and collates the turn data into a very logical and readable format.

Mac

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI