Saddest death in gaming (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Marutia Ortia -> Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 12:39:03 PM)

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you about the saddest death in gaming. Which one is yours?

Orm -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 1:39:48 PM)

I am not sure that I understand what you are asking. [:(]

Marutia Ortia -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 2:09:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I am not sure that I understand what you are asking. [:(]

Do you have a favorite game hero, who`s death was very sad for you. For instance the death of Elias from Call of Duty Chosts is sad for me.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 2:12:06 PM)

I would say in Skyrim, you can die pretty easy and fast in there.

Werewolf13 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 4:39:06 PM)

I suppose it says something about the designers of a game that has characters that a human can emotionally bond with.

I haven't found one of those yet though; so for me I guess the answer is - there isn't one. Electrons going poof just doesn't create any sense of emotional loss for me albeit I can understand how it might for others and wouldn't mind if there was a game that had a level of quality that could invoke the same level of emotion that a well written novel or movie can.

Yogi the Great -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 4:46:41 PM)

[sm=sign0063.gif]Saddest death is Yogi the Great, I die a little every time I lose. [sm=innocent0009.gif]

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 5:14:46 PM)

Mordin singing to his death in ME3...

Cheers

Pip

Kuokkanen -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 5:33:12 PM)

I have read something about this. Apparently some gamers feel it playing some video games where their character(s) die. Such games mentioned I can remember: UFO: Enemy Unknown (aka X-COM: UFO Defense from 1994), Space Crusade (video game from 1992), and Jagged Alliance serie. I have played all of those, but for some reason I don't remember feeling much anything when my game pieces did die...

warspite1 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/24/2014 6:19:50 PM)

In my opinion, and therefore a FACT, the saddest death in gaming is of course the loss of HMS Warspite.

That assumes that one is dumb enough to get her surrounded by the entire IJN and Kriegsmarine combined - she is of course unsinkable against any other combination of ships. Even then she would take about six months to be sunk and would have taken out 3/4 of the enemy (assuming the game is in any way realistic).

histgamer -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 12:11:20 AM)

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the ending of Valiant Hearts?

rodney727 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 12:34:53 AM)

It would only take one round from the greatest ship ever put to sea and that is the USN vessel "Iowa" to sink the pride of the British Fleet.[8D] Moving on and getting back on topic it's the death Rommel playing TOF in the last stages of the battle of France where an English counter attack wounded him for 48 turns I.e December 1944. Of course I lost the game by then!
quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

In my opinion, and therefore a FACT, the saddest death in gaming is of course the loss of HMS Warspite.

That assumes that one is dumb enough to get her surrounded by the entire IJN and Kriegsmarine combined - she is of course unsinkable against any other combination of ships. Even then she would take about six months to be sunk and would have taken out 3/4 of the enemy (assuming the game is in any way realistic).

KG Erwin -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 2:17:36 AM)

In SPWaW, the worst deaths are from experienced commanders who have accumulated a lot of kills. In your next battle, there is a new guy replacing them. The only thing worse than that is seeing your character (the Battalion CO) get killed from an artillery barrage or an air strike. That's happened to me a couple of times.

Ranger33 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 3:38:20 AM)

Any game where you can build up a personal connection with the characters/troops/whatever will make me feel a bit sad if they die. A good example is in the X-COM games if you name your soldiers after family/friends and then watch them gain experience and awards. I named my best sniper in the new XCOM after my wife, which she thought was cool. Of course then I couldn't let her get in too much danger [:D]

warspite1 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 4:22:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Moving on and getting back on topic it's the death Rommel playing TOF in the last stages of the battle of France where an English counter attack wounded him for 48 turns I.e December 1944. Of course I lost the game by then!
quote:

warspite1

[&:] My post was on topic [:-]. Sorry, but where does it state that a death has to be an individual? In wargames, and depending upon the game, players can get attached to individuals, regiments, corps, aircraft, ships or whatever.

Zap -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 4:22:42 AM)

In Quadriga, I named my charioteer after me. As I watched myself whipped to death. I stopped naming anyone on my team after me

rodney727 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 4:15:06 PM)

I was talking about me mr.W getting back on topic! I wanted to get you a little mad because I just bought commander the Great War and want to play a couple of games before I bring the German High seas fleet on you![:D]
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Moving on and getting back on topic it's the death Rommel playing TOF in the last stages of the battle of France where an English counter attack wounded him for 48 turns I.e December 1944. Of course I lost the game by then!
quote:

warspite1

[&:] My post was on topic [:-]. Sorry, but where does it state that a death has to be an individual? In wargames, and depending upon the game, players can get attached to individuals, regiments, corps, aircraft, ships or whatever.

vonRocko -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 7:04:13 PM)

Well I wasn't sad, but one of the biggest surprises for me was when Marston got killed in "Red Dead Redemption". Just when I thought he paid his dues![sm=00000036.gif]

radic202 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 10:25:24 PM)

For me it was when Vanilla and Fang both died (sacrificed themselves for the good of Cocoon) in FFXIII. I had grown to truly like both characters.

[image][URL=http://s568.photobucket.com/user/radic202/media/ffxiii-serah.png.html][IMG]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/radic202/ffxiii-serah.png[/IMG][/URL][/image]

[image][URL=http://s568.photobucket.com/user/radic202/media/Fang.jpg.html][IMG]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/radic202/Fang.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/image]

Pariah -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/25/2014 11:57:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marutia Ortia

Hi guys,

[sm=sad-1361.gif]Aeris in Final Fantasy 7. [sm=sad-1361.gif]

E -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/26/2014 9:42:06 PM)

quote:

Hi guys,

Don't know about that. But I do know the day the music died (we were all singing "Bye, bye, Miss...").

Pariah -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/26/2014 10:08:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

quote:

Hi guys,

Don't know about that. But I do know the day the music died (we were all singing "Bye, bye, Miss...").

[sm=sign0003.gif]

[:)]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/30/2014 7:13:29 PM)

quote:

Hi guys,

The death of the Avalon Hill game company.

R.I.P.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/30/2014 9:06:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

quote:

Hi guys,

The death of the Avalon Hill game company.

R.I.P.

So true. I miss those $4 games I used to get from them. [:(]

t001001001 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/30/2014 9:16:19 PM)

Auron went to the farplane in ffx was sad.

In mass effect 3 I killed tali's whole species and she committed suicide. But that I enjoyed [8D] Never liked her anyway.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (7/30/2014 9:58:08 PM)

IOMEN from Baldur's gate? BOO? (go for the eyes boo go for the eyes) I think it was one of those large eyeballs that got him or what?

Gilmer -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (8/2/2014 1:21:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

IOMEN from Baldur's gate? BOO? (go for the eyes boo go for the eyes) I think it was one of those large eyeballs that got him or what?

I kept trying to play that over and over until she didn't die. I did not succeed.

The saddest death to me is....Ian Trout of SSG.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (8/2/2014 3:25:57 AM)

Gary Gygxx?

Lecivius -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (8/4/2014 8:16:26 PM)

There is a character in SWTOR, in the Republic Soldier story line. As the game progresses as a male toon you develop a romantic interest with a female soldier/spy. In mid game you are sent out on a mission to help her on a mission. You fight through the normal mobs blah blah but at the end she becomes trapped. You have to let her die, alone and entombed in an asteroid, to save millions. I still hear her screaming not to let her get buried alive.

warspite1 -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (8/4/2014 8:39:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

There is a character in SWTOR, in the Republic Soldier story line. As the game progresses as a male toon you develop a romantic interest with a female soldier/spy. In mid game you are sent out on a mission to help her on a mission. You fight through the normal mobs blah blah but at the end she becomes trapped. You have to let her die, alone and entombed in an asteroid, to save millions. I still hear her screaming not to let her get buried alive.
warspite1

Is there any way I can get Mrs Warspite* in that game?

* Only joking dear, light of my life......

parusski -> RE: Saddest death in gaming (8/4/2014 9:29:23 PM)

I am a little late here but the saddest death is my own in any game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI